Electrician Talk banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I broke my back when I was playing sports in high school so now a few years later if I wear a belt for a full 8 hours my back is killing me. I wear a belt when necessary but when I can I will load my pockets and a nail apron and work light

·
Registered
Contractor
684 Posts
The best thing I ever did for my back was to get rid of my Klein Powerline, and go with a Veto TP4. The PL is a great belt, dont get me wrong....carried it for 10 yrs or so, but it takes its toll.

Not only does the TP4 carry the same amount of tools at my PL did, but it does it in a smaller package, and it doesnt have to be around my waist all day. I have the ability to clip it right to my belt if I want to, or if Im going to be stationary for a while, I can clip it, or hang it somewhere within arms reach, taking the load off my back.

http://www.vetopropac.com/products/model-tp4

·
Cool Kid
635 Posts
Just recently swapped from a full set of saddlebags loaded with every tool I've ever owned, to the Occidental 5053 butt pouch with linesman's, *****/needle nose depending on the day's work, razor knife, sniffer, a small ideal clamp meter, and an 11-in-1. If I'm roughing in I add the 77cent cheapo depot canvas apron and a hammer in the hammer loop of my pants. My back has already improved. I was a fan of the saddlebags and suspenders for the first thirteen years in the trade, not so much anymore. To each their own.
In industrial by tool bag sits on the cart with all the parts. If I need a lot of tools, I can throw a small husky electricians pouch (sits in my rolling bag on its own belt empty for when needed) plus a cheapo nail apron for odds and ends. Working off the cart along tools go in pockets. If more than a couple tools then yes the occidental 5053 butt pouch is fantastic.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.