Electrician Talk banner

Name for this fitting?

4614 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Wardenclyffe
What do you call this general fitting? The one on the left is marked T&B, and it's a bushing of sort that will screw onto an NM or BX connector. The one on the right is not branded, but is a totally crimped/molded connector along the same theme. It was used in the past to change from NM or BX to K&T. I've always called them a "monkey face connector", but my inspector (an old man, in his 80's) calls them an "End-O fitting". He claims it was an old brand name, but I can't find that on the net.

What do you call these?

See less See more
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
The technical name was DIIF. Durn If I Know. I have never seen those, that I can remember.
I don't know the name but I've seen my share of 'em.

The sheathing would clamp in the saddle end and the conductors would pass through the porcelain insulator with the small holes.
Sort of like a weather head for BX.
Just ran across this in a surplus catalog. They call it a "Caplet". Stands to reason, because they also have a full-line of K&T supplies:

See less See more
The Old Guy that worked for years ago called them "Pecker Heads". I still see them being used for a transition from BX to K&T in old houses.

View attachment 157
I never knew the slang for them ,but have seen them used as a BX to knob N tube transition also.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Not open for further replies.