Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,067 Posts
Looks like a Halo or possibly a Juno. I think Halo and looks like a 2 circuit track

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
I can't tell one from the other, but we installed some called Nordic Light recently that looked like that. it was 3 phase though.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,067 Posts
It may also be progress, or the brands from Lowes or Home Depot but since it is 2 circuit I bet not from the Big Box

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't tell one from the other, but we installed some called Nordic Light recently that looked like that. it was 3 phase though.
3 ckt? pretty neat...

this is a 1 circuit track with 2 ckt fittings...i wasn't onsite, so I going by the pics and the tech's info..

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
it's this junk. but doesn't look like what you got
http://eu.nordiclight.com/content/products/default.aspx#categoryID=2#productID=45

all these big retailers get the crap drop shipped from china and then when the parts aren't there they want to screw you out of the extra labor to work around islands and merchandise and all the other horse hockey, like it's your fault. I'm sick of it. that stuff above really isn't that crappy. except when some helpers jam the heads in the wrong way.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,067 Posts
The fitting is a center feed fitting. There are jumpers that go from one side to the other and you bring in the switched circuit. You could remove the jumpers and bring in two switched circuits.

Here is a Halo one

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,067 Posts
That fitting is actually called a straight connector. They make a mini one but you cannot feed the track with those.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
The fitting is a center feed fitting. There are jumpers that go from one side to the other and you bring in the switched circuit. You could remove the jumpers and bring in two switched circuits.

Here is a Halo one

It's also a coupler / elbow connector. It can be turned to any angle up to 90° and only needs the proper cover.

·
Electron Pathway Engineer
3,105 Posts
Those end caps look like wire molds stuff.

It also resembles europhase connections as well.

Like 480 said, but check inside the bulb cup for the sticker.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,067 Posts

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
It is Halo.

You can see the groove running the length on the neutral side.

HD sells a knock off under the name Hampton Bay

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,067 Posts
It is Halo.

You can see the groove running the length on the neutral side.

HD sells a knock off under the name Hampton Bay
That's right and Lowes sells another knock off made by Portfolio. They are identical except the color on Portfolio is a bit off white compared to halo but 1/3 the price

1 - 18 of 18 Posts