Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again. The NEC app for the iPhone is awesome. I think the last thing anybody wants to do is drag around the book all day so having it right on your phone is great. You can browse by section or search for articles and keywords. I'm not sure if it's available on android devices or not. For 15 dollars I would recommend it to anyone from apprentice to master.

image-174289748.jpg

image-341088690.jpg

image-3047805210.jpg

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
It's a must have in today's age. I never could navigate the pdf well the app is great but I still prefer the book.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
For those that say they didn't like the PDF, a lot of it has to do with which app you are using the view the PDF. There are many apps out there and all of them work differently. Some lag a lot, some just suck.

Personally, I like using the Kindle app for all my PDFs. It works good and I have hundreds of electrical PDFs as well as thousands of books in my Amazon cloud so they are available from my iPhone, iPad, or any computer with an internet connection.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have the PDF on my phone but it's hard to imagine it's easier to use than the app.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
DIYer4Life said:
For those that say they didn't like the PDF, a lot of it has to do with which app you are using the view the PDF. There are many apps out there and all of them work differently. Some lag a lot, some just suck. Personally, I like using the Kindle app for all my PDFs. It works good and I have hundreds of electrical PDFs as well as thousands of books in my Amazon cloud so they are available from my iPhone, iPad, or any computer with an internet connection.
How do you get 1000's of books digitally? Isn't that expensive?

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DIYer4Life said:
Why? It's the same information. A good PDF reader will have a good search function and bookmarking feature.
I don't even know what my phone would have for a PDF reader, I'm not very tech savvy. All I know is I can pull my phone out and be reading the the section I want in 5 keystrokes. That's fast enough for me

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Deep Cover said:
Damn it doubled in price.

Glad I got it when I did but even at that price it's worth it.

·
Banned
7,230 Posts
I use my iPhone for everything, I think I'd just close up shop and hide if I lost my phone. It's seriously the one piece of technology I could not do without.

Phone calls, emails, txt messages, GPS navigation, customer estimates, invoicing and expenses, credit card payment, searching electrical code, googling equipment on the job, calendar sync with wife, playing games while waiting for customers, posting on ET, music while working, taking photos and video, remote control for apple tv, control home automation.

Probably other junk too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts