Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen "it's cheaper", or "what is cheapest way to do" so many times here since I started reading posts.

It's worse than craigslist sometimes. lmfao & that's the place y'all slam.

talk about an oxymoron........they have cheap rates, and a lot of you have cheap parts or cheapest way to do something.

I was taught to use the code as a minimum, a starting point.

are you the same folks who don't get a speed limit sign states the "maximum" speed.....not a avg or starting speed & what not.

why is everyone so big on the cheapest way to do the job but with top/high wages? but not the best or Cadillac job with good/fair wages?

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
Cadalac projects are great. We'll put years of design into a project, thinking up every contingency, specing out the best of the best parts, best of the best installs and QA/QC, top notch commisioning and docummentation/close out books.

But not everyone will pay for that. Ok go get the mile long spool'o MC. :laughing:

I'm selling what you are buying.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, give it a break. You have way too many posts for just being here a month. Go read a book or something.
gee so much for making friends & chatting............

I didn't see a quota listing when I signed up. thank you for learning me how to act.

that's just rude. thanks for the nice "welcome" prick

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
SparkyDino said:
gee so much for making friends & chatting............ I didn't see a quota listing when I signed up. thank you for learning me how to act. that's just rude. thanks for the nice "welcome" prick
Fwiw Dino I think you're the frickin man. No lie

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
I work on schools and other government type projects and all I see is money wasted. The school I'm almost finished with was two story all wood construction. I wish they would have let me rope it with romex.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think of speed limits as suggestions and speeding tickets as performance awards. :whistling2:

thread high-jack!:laughing:

the point is guys laughing and pointing fingers at CHEAP guys on CL for labor, while they look for the CHEAPEST way to do the job?

I just don't get it?

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So if we want to laugh at the craigslist hacks, we should be looking for the most expensive way to do a job?

Is this some kind of sales pitch for EMT in a house or ginsu knives?
I just lit the fire, the beer is cold & the kind is, well kind :blink:

tony robbins taught me to SELL!

stop by bro, lets chat :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
Electrician
4,474 Posts
gee so much for making friends & chatting............

I didn't see a quota listing when I signed up. thank you for learning me how to act.

that's just rude. thanks for the nice "welcome" prick
Ok Dino, welcome!:thumbsup:

Now remind me what your name was before you changed it to SparkyDino.
It's bugging me because I should remember but I don't!:mad:

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok Dino, welcome!:thumbsup:

Now remind me what your name was before you changed it to SparkyDino.
It's bugging me because I should remember but I don't!:mad:

it was my birth initials in front of 'electric' :laughing:

I had to change it so potential customers that were about to pay way too much to see me doing their job, ugh........didn't see all my weed induced posts here.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
why is everyone so big on the cheapest way to do the job but with top/high wages? but not the best or Cadillac job with good/fair wages?
How can we sell ourselves as the most economical install, use top notch materials, & make or pay top $$?

It's just how the games played, an anecdotal ex of the math , which works similar to our trade ....

30 yrs ago when i sold fixer uppers i would get them for $1000, put a $1000 into it , and make $1000 profit on 'em

:whistling2::thumbup::no::laughing:~CS~

·
Banned
4,505 Posts
Little-Lectric said:
Ok Dino, welcome!:thumbsup: Now remind me what your name was before you changed it to SparkyDino. It's bugging me because I should remember but I don't!:mad:
It's Cletus .

Any fool can figure that one out.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
And who' to say 'ol Cleet doesn't make a grand living?

I find him one of the more honest posters, because he openly alludes to what most EC's are doing but won't admit to here

~CS~

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I have seen "it's cheaper", or "what is cheapest way to do" so many times here since I started reading posts.

It's worse than craigslist sometimes. lmfao & that's the place y'all slam.

talk about an oxymoron........they have cheap rates, and a lot of you have cheap parts or cheapest way to do something.

I was taught to use the code as a minimum, a starting point.

are you the same folks who don't get a speed limit sign states the "maximum" speed.....not a avg or starting speed & what not.

The doctor who graduated at the bottom of his class...still graduated. Maybe he can work cheaper, as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.