39,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make down through 3 layers of 1/2" (2 sheetrock, 1 soundboard) ....:001_huh:

not sure if it's even made?

~CS~

·
Can't Remember
10,139 Posts
I can't remember how much adjustment the Halo's have. Set flush, you are through the first layer. I believe you have enough adjustment at that point to get through the second. Whether you get a full 1 inch adjustment, I'm not sure. Have to look at the website.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,650 Posts
Halos have an inch or so leeway but 3 G lighting out of Canada is the only company I know that will make them however you want. We just ordered 50+ fixtures from there-- LED. double and single headed, trimless trims and we paid about $50,000.

I am sure the non led and single cans without the trimless design are much cheaper. Not sure if they will only make 1 or 2 cans...

http://www.3glighting.com/ you must order with the extended throat

·
Can't Remember
10,139 Posts
They have started selling Halo cans without the stamped bracket that is normally in there. Good for use on the better trims or led.

·
Estwing magic
26,355 Posts
Who cares if there's a gap? The springy thingies on the trim still work. Go for it, chickenman, and don't look back.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,650 Posts
Yes, it is high end. This house has $250,000 in light fixtures alone.

We needed to come down about 2.5" because they were using Baswaphon on thye ceiling as a sound deadener. This stuff has caused many issues.

For 1 1/2" I think you could use the halo and get real close. Use a 30 wat trim and it will fill the small gap that is left

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,650 Posts
You could also lower the entire can and they can cut the sheetrock around the can on the first layer

·
Estwing magic
26,355 Posts
You could also lower the entire can and they can cut the sheetrock around the can on the first layer
Sound bar. Lower it 1/2" and no drywall cutting needed.

Oops...he said sound board. What's sound board, is it like drywall only different?

·
332 Posts
chicken steve said:
a what? :001_huh: ~CS~
H7ICTNB. Same thing as a regular 6" can, but without the bracket for the socket. You use a trim that the socket snaps into, i.e. HAL 30WAT.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,650 Posts
H7ICTNB. Same thing as a regular 6" can, but without the bracket for the socket. You use a trim that the socket snaps into, i.e. HAL 30WAT.
That is all we use-- H7ICTNB with a Halo 30 WAT or a regressed eyeball.

Reactions: chicken steve

·
332 Posts
Dennis Alwon said:
That is all we use-- H7ICTNB with a Halo 30 WAT or a regressed eyeball.
Me too. For the money that trim looks way better than the old open trim, and is also more energy efficient.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 35 Posts