Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer has a set of rooms that are in constant use. The design they want is to have a time clock that feeds to a dimmer with on/off/and preset dimming level. They have people in and out of the rooms and want a way to have a relay/shunt in line to bypass the dimmer so that the light level is at full, but will time out back to the dim level when room is not in use. Is there a relay or shunt device that has a timer built in as well that I can place in line before the dimmer to achieve this?

·
crispy critter
1,846 Posts
What kind of lights? Ive done this in a hospital with fluorescent lights. I used occupancy sensors and dimmable ballasts. With no occupancy I would have them set to dim, and upon occupancy they would come to full brightness.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of lights? Ive done this in a hospital with fluorescent lights. I used occupancy sensors and dimmable ballasts. With no occupancy I would have them set to dim, and upon occupancy they would come to full brightness.
2 lamp and 3 lamp fluorescents . It's lab space , there are small animals in cages .

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,259 Posts
timed sw

Use a timer wall switch in parallel to the dimmer, they make a toggle sw timer.

·
crispy critter
1,846 Posts
2 lamp and 3 lamp fluorescents . It's lab space , there are small animals in cages .
Use an occ sensor to a dimming power pack to dimmable ballasts. The occ sensors usually have a variable output between 1 and 15 volts allowing you to controll how dim you want durring vacancy. There are many products available. Ive mostly used watt stopper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts