Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

got abit of a question on a touchy subject... any advice is greatly appreciated.

My brother 4 days ago (happened sunday) unfortunately suffered a heart attack although was in bad shape is coming back round now. Hes only 18 and was really looking forward to starting his commercial electrician apprenticeship which he was having an interview for the following day this all happened.

So far the doctors are most likely going to fit an ICD into him encase he has another episode.

I was hoping to get as much info from other electricians which maybe have pacemakers or ICD put into them, i know its a personal question and very touchy but my brother will be absolutely gutted if he cant work in the electrical industry. if that is the case then unfortunately he will have to find another line of work to get into as his safety is number 1 to me, himself and the rest of the family.

I have been reading and come across a few posts where people are still working as electrcians with such devices fitted with no issues. but cant find much.

If anyone on this forum can PM me if maybe to personal, or post to share your experiences.

Thankyou in advance
George D

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hi all,

got abit of a question on a touchy subject... any advice is greatly appreciated.

My brother 4 days ago (happened sunday) unfortunately suffered a heart attack although was in bad shape is coming back round now. Hes only 18 and was really looking forward to starting his commercial electrician apprenticeship which he was having an interview for the following day this all happened.

So far the doctors are most likely going to fit an ICD into him encase he has another episode.

I was hoping to get as much info from other electricians which maybe have pacemakers or ICD put into them, i know its a personal question and very touchy but my brother will be absolutely gutted if he cant work in the electrical industry. if that is the case then unfortunately he will have to find another line of work to get into as his safety is number 1 to me, himself and the rest of the family.

I have been reading and come across a few posts where people are still working as electrcians with such devices fitted with no issues. but cant find much.

If anyone on this forum can PM me if maybe to personal, or post to share your experiences.

Thankyou in advance
George D
Hello George :)

Welcome to the forum:thumbsup:

Keep in mind that you need about 5 or 10 posts to be able to PM other members.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts