Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came out of job corps as a pre-apprentice I have never registered as a apprentice or helper but I have been working for a solar company for two years. Should I have registered as an apprentice? Or do I even have to to become an licensed electrician?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
So I came out of job corps as a pre-apprentice I have never registered as a apprentice or helper but I have been working for a solar company for two years. Should I have registered as an apprentice? Or do I even have to to become an licensed electrician?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If you are moving to Kentucky read there rules in the link provided in your other thread, also make sure you have your boss in California sign for the hours you've worked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You DO NOT need an apprenticeship to become "certified" in California, however it does help.

To get your "General Electrician" certification you need a number of hours across different facets of the field (commercial, residential, lighting, trenching, etc.) An apprenticeship helps you avoid part of this.

You can read more here:

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/ecu/ElectricalTrade.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.