Electrician Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links. Im going to contact holophane tommorrow. I got a qoute from a local supplier for 4 grand for some lights that he found and the developer says he is looking for some in the 1500 dollar price range. Should I quit my search or is it possible to find them at the price he is looking for?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Try Beacon lighting products they're owned by Phillips now but I think have some that look similar.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Thanks for the links. Im going to contact holophane tommorrow. I got a qoute from a local supplier for 4 grand for some lights that he found and the developer says he is looking for some in the 1500 dollar price range. Should I quit my search or is it possible to find them at the price he is looking for?
Unless the developer is paying you to be his personal shopper, I'd quit the search. What he wants, something that is durable and substantial and impressive, for $1500.00... is just delusional.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't sure what these fixtures actually cost. 4000 grand seemed like a good price to me. I was hoping to supply the fixtures and mark them up to make a profit. I'll let him know Monday it's his turn to search.
Thanks for the replys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using electriciantalk.com mobile app

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
The post, pole arm, and light toppers in your picture are Hadco, if you want the exact ones.

Reactions: Maximumbob

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I finally found some lights that he likes and have 17 on order. I got the blueprints today and the job is a lot larger than I thought. It's a boulavard going through a new subdivision. There is a total of 6 islands with 17 street post lights needing to be installed. He also wants double duplex receptacles at every tree for Christmas lighting and power for his fountain in the front. The boulavard is right at 1700 feet long and he is looking at one power source for the panel. The farthest receptacle is 1500 feet away from the power source and with derating I would have to run 1000 mcm to hook up a 20 amp receptacle. I'm hoping I can talk him into more than one power source if that's the case. If not I'm wondering about maybe adding some subpanels but I'm wondering how I would make them look good down the boulavard? If any one has advice on how I could make this job easier I sure would appreciate it. This is probally the biggest project our company has come across. I really am hoping to get some advice from someone with a little more experience than I have. Thanks in advance for all the help

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The orange lines are the light pole locations and it's hard to see but about 5 lots in on the right side is the power pole for utility power and the dots are the utility easement to get our power to the islands

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All utility lines are underground I'm wondering if I should set a power pole or build a strut rack

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The lights I ordered were from mainstream lighting. $1700 for 12 ft posts with LED acorn lights

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just noticed it's a sub-division.
You should have several pad transformer locations.
Pick several locations and build small meter, panel, control pedestals to minimize long runs.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I really am hoping to get some advice from someone with a little more experience than I have. Thanks in advance for all the help
Your gunna have to work with the customer and his likes !
Sometimes what you think looks good isnt what he thinks looks good.
So be ready for that.

Allow for for it in your quote !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts