Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
In NYC you would be best off trying to get into the union's apprenticeship's program.
From what I see/hear though this is not as easy as it used to be.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Im 18 years old working as a maintenance/porter I live in Brooklyn,NY i need info on good trade schools and any pointers or books you's would recommend I look at! Thank you
Welcome to ET AND MERRY Christmas..:thumbup:

Take a look here. http://www.local3.com/

See if you can contact them and find out what you need to do to get in.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
go ahead and look into all the Union requirements, bone up on your math and algebra, apply to get in the Union apprenticeship. in the meantime start taking electrical courses at a local Junior College maybe, apply at non union electrical contractor an electric motor shops as a helper. donate time at Habitat for Humanity, see if you can get experience wiring houses what do whatever they have for you that way you can get experience in the residential building process. take some algebra classes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lep said:
go ahead and look into all the Union requirements, bone up on your math and algebra, apply to get in the Union apprenticeship. in the meantime start taking electrical courses at a local Junior College maybe, apply at non union electrical contractor an electric motor shops as a helper. donate time at Habitat for Humanity, see if you can get experience wiring houses what do whatever they have for you that way you can get experience in the residential building process. take some algebra classes.
Thank you so much greatly appreciated !

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Good man!:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.