Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..
i am not an electrician BUT I know how to replace outlets and whatnot, pretty handy.

Anyways I can’t figure those out.
When I bought my townhouse, I replaced outlets in the kitchen. Took the old ones to homedepot to get new ones.

2 out of the 4 are not working
The 2 are on one wall on each side of the sink.
Left side GFCI with a switch for the disposal. On the other side, regular outlet.
GFCI has 2 red wires, 2 grey and neutral
Switch has 2 orange
The other outlet 1 red and 1 grey (coming from the GFCI/switch area (what appears)

Switch/disposal works, both outlets don’t. When I plug (test with Christmas lights) into the other outlet, a red light appear on the other GFCI. When I unplug the lights, the red light goes away.
i checked my wires and I’m pretty sure I have them in the right spots (hot/neutral). Unless I’m wrong. I’ll try to add pictures

Any help would be amazing!
thanks
Electrical wiring Cable Gas Machine Wire

Circuit component Electronic engineering Gas Electrical wiring Electronic component

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,302 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area. If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs. Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/ We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.