Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have one of my friends car wash that it broke down the motor starter. I replaced it and now when it works fine but most of the time start button won't energize the starter and sometimes it clings loud which it doesn't sound right. It's a three phase we amp 240v. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
"Now works fine but most of the time start button won't energize the starter and sometimes it clings loud which it doesn't sound right." Wut ?

What kind of motor is this controlling ? It's not automatic, push button for what ? Isolate the components. Make sure the PB is working properly. Make sure your coil voltage is correct.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,528 Posts
What interlocks are tied in?
Did you replace the whole starter or just the contactor? Is it loose in the can or is the coil/contact cover missing a screw?

Take a picture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of the motor is it? That's the thing I can't access to it it's crazy how they set it up. It's far behind the water tank . They been running the system for 8 yrs. But the pushbutton supposed to start to run the motor in order to use the pressure water gun to wash the car. If that helps you???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind of motor is it? That's the thing I can't access to it it's far behind the water tank. The pushbutton won't start the motor but if you push the magnetic coil it works but after you press stop button it repeats where I can't push start button? Any idea??? I know it's not the start button bad because it worked before I changed the contactors.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have one of my friends car wash that it broke down the motor starter. I replaced it and now when it works fine but most of the time start button won't energize the starter and sometimes it clings loud which it doesn't sound right. It's a three phase we amp 240v. Any advice?
Isolate your motor/starter from the control circuit

test it if good go on>>>>

then figure out what you're control circuit is all about,

re>phase monitors, timers, etc

DRAW IT out on a piece of paper & get your ugly's or whatever other quicky manual you have out

most car washes have a lot of control systems , so i'd hedge my bets with that end of it

~CS~

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey steve, there's really no control systems it's just a three phase coming in to starter and out to motor after overload contact. It's has only two start and stop buttons. It seems that I did wired it right. It's either they gave me bad manufacturer starter or its wrong starter? But I need to find out for sure.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
you should try to provide enough information to allow someone to help you, or else have your friend call an electrician, instead of jacking him around, holding up his business, and possibly costing him a motor, none of which is really doing your friend a favor.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.