Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, here goes, I am a 3rd year apprentice and I am having a really hard time with this project. I am not asking for the answers just to point me to the right direction and if you guys have any references on good sites to look at etc. Basically I have to draw a ladder diagram with 5 tanks total, tank 1 and 2 mixed to tank 3 and 4 then heated and mixed to tank 5 and distributed in bottles on a conveyor. Of course there are all your different kinds of switches, pumps, indicator lights etc. all mixed in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Loosing my mind on this project

·
Registered
38 Posts
No offense, but that's a lot of typing and drawing to try and do on this thread haha. Break the project into sections, within those sections draw out very basic controls on it and then add what you need until you get the process right.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, here goes, I am a 3rd year apprentice and I am having a really hard time with this project. I am not asking for the answers just to point me to the right direction and if you guys have any references on good sites to look at etc. Basically I have to draw a ladder diagram with 5 tanks total, tank 1 and 2 mixed to tank 3 and 4 then heated and mixed to tank 5 and distributed in bottles on a conveyor. Of course there are all your different kinds of switches, pumps, indicator lights etc. all mixed in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think ladder logic simulator is very helpful for you. You can create and edit easily and you can monitor the flow of your circuit. In usual case like yours, I'm using a PLC software. I create my ladder diagram right there and run the simulator, and you can monitor your output and input.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I think ladder logic simulator is very helpful for you. You can create and edit easily and you can monitor the flow of your circuit. In usual case like yours, I'm using a PLC software. I create my ladder diagram right there and run the simulator, and you can monitor your output and input.
Something like this..http://www.tri-plc.com/trilogi3.htm

·
Registered
714 Posts

any 4-20 milliamp stuff??
that sound like you would use a basic flow looop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no nothing specific with calculations and amp ratings. Here I scanned the page for you guys to see. Right now I went for tutoring for the hands on test. That im getting, seeing this project I am not. Got to cram tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also having a tough time running that web site for the simulator. Im not that computer savvy. Thanks again.

·
Electron Factory.Worker
306 Posts
You didn't say whether this is hard wired logic or plc logic. In any event the first thing you should do is come up with a list of the IO points you're going to need.
Once that's complete you should draw up a simple flowchart of some kind to map how the process is going to flow. Once you do that's its really just a matter of putting it into rung diagrams and adding aux relays and timing relays where necessary.
I realize its a bit of over simplification but that should be enough to get you headed in the right track.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Tank Project

We can look over your project. A simple SCADA set up may work. Just e-mail me some of the details and we will get back to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts