Electrician Talk banner

Need info on traffic lights

851 Views 12 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  VitalJuice
I share a shop with a buddy. His employees found some traffic lights in the middle of the highway. They've been sitting in the shop for 6 months now taking up space. They are Intertek 432-2324-001xod, but I can't find too much info on them.

27" x 14" x 8"

Are they worth anything to anyone or should we pitch them?

Eye Automotive lighting Eyewear Gas Tints and shades

Font Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire Automotive exterior
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,284 Posts
Go to the neon bar, ask them to open a tab, Eat and drink accordingly.

Someone would like them, a few restaurants use signage and banners and stuff on there walls, it shouldn't be that hard.

· Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
9,332 Posts
Wire it up and see if it works. The LEDs may not come on, or many of them may be burnt out ... could be why it was left in the field.

· Registered
Electrical Contractor
5,666 Posts
They are Intertek 432-2324-001xod, but I can't find too much info on them.

Are they worth anything to anyone or should we pitch them?
That part # is for the green arrow only. My google-fu says that module is worth about $30-$50 depending if you are buying enough to relamp a small city.

· Gold Pliers Champion
3,075 Posts
Yep, that's the left side of a "doghouse". protected left.

Those are specific to the housing.

Hang them in the shop with a small flasher as a novelty.

· Registered
43 Posts
Lots of these for sale on FB Marketplace. Anywhere from $75 up to thousands. Some of them are collectors items and go for a few hundred. They are generally the older ones in aluminum housings in good condition. Yours looks relatively new. Probably get $50.

I have one on the light pole going up my driveway. It's a nice conversation piece. It's 300' off the road. I had a complaint from a local that it was confusing him, making him think my driveway was a road. I suggested if a light 300' off the public road on private property was confusing him, he shouldn't have a license.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts