Electrician Talk banner

Need some clarification on a Heating calc/code

1210 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  HARRY304E
So I have three separate 240 heating circuits in a new single family home in seattle. There are 3+ digital KING thermostats on each circuit. They are feeding KING PAW heaters. I worked for a company a few years back who made a practice of setting the heaters to %100 of the available wattage (4800W) if there were 3 or more thermostats on the circuit. If there were less than 3 they would de-rate at %80 (3840) which is what I pretty much always do now. Is the 3 or more %100 thing legit? Any feedback on this would be helpful.

Thanks!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· RIP 1959-2015
39,532 Posts
So I have three separate 240 heating circuits in a new single family home in seattle. There are 3+ digital KING thermostats on each circuit. They are feeding KING PAW heaters. I worked for a company a few years back who made a practice of setting the heaters to %100 of the available wattage (4800W) if there were 3 or more thermostats on the circuit. If there were less than 3 they would de-rate at %80 (3840) which is what I pretty much always do now. Is the 3 or more %100 thing legit? Any feedback on this would be helpful.

Thanks!
Read all of 220.83

The first First 8 kVA of load at 100%.

Welcome to the forum....:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.