Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a project for school and I want to be able to power a pump, heating element, and a motor all at different times with different voltages and currents. I want to be able to use one plug to power the whole thing.

The heating element is 2000 W 120V
Motor is 24V up to 70 A
The pump is 12V not sure on the amps for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I could make this happen.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
It sounds like a basic controls project.

I bet you could hire an electrician for an hour and have him help you out with it.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
61,092 Posts
Call an electrician. BTW this is the correct spelling for 'engineer'.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.