Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old outdoor heavy duty enclosure that had a 3 phase disconnect and controls for a 480V pump that is no longer in service. I want to replace this enclosure with a new one, or a pedestal type, but I don't need a meter. At this point I only need some busing to feed a 480V - 120V xfmr for the landscape controller box shown on the left. Any ideas of a type of box ? Has to be lockable because it's at an intersection of 2 busy streets.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Reactions: dronai

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Looks good. Is that set up lockable though ?
I'm pretty sure they are. There is usually a tab on the bottom that you can rotate out to poke through a slot in the door, then you can put a padlock into it.

PS: Yes, the literature says it has a padlock hasp included.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I priced out the mini power zone types of set ups, and they are $2k or more ! Since we already have a new xfmr, I can buy a Milbank Pedestal enclosure for maybe less than $1600 with a main cb and some distribution. Looks like you see on every street for signal control, and public irrigation power. Landscaping company is installing a new enclosure with a new concrete pad

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Commercial Pedestals from Milbank are the perfect alternative to traditional “strut farm” :laughing:

·
Registered
14,529 Posts
That's true. I've installed the peds with a built in irrigation timer but they where 120/240.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts