Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody, I have been rocking the Knipex Installation Pliers for a month, and I got to admit they aren't the gimmick I originally thought. They can do a lot of stuff.

Cable shears
Combination Pliers
Needle nose
Crimps
Reamers

I really rely on these for everyday a work along side a couple of standard screwdrivers. Anyone else go any thoughts?

As always here is the link to my video

http://youtu.be/Pvr7mDIU84E

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Hey everybody, I have been rocking the Knipex Installation Pliers for a month, and I got to admit they aren't the gimmick I originally thought. They can do a lot of stuff.

Cable shears
Combination Pliers
Needle nose
Crimps
Reamers

I really rely on these for everyday a work along side a couple of standard screwdrivers. Anyone else go any thoughts?

As always here is the link to my video

http://youtu.be/Pvr7mDIU84E
Ok, I have to admit that that is pretty cool,

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
WTF is happening to this site???? This guy has 51 post of sales pitches. NOT ONE ELECTRICAL POST. How is this not spam???
Where are the sales pitches? It doesn't look like he is selling anything.

If people like what he is posting, what's the problem?

Do you think your miserable, asinine posts are better for the site?

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
797 Posts
I see no problem. Quite informative posts from what I've read. Better than some of the other posts... :whistling2:

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,738 Posts
DIYer4Life said:
Where are the sales pitches? It doesn't look like he is selling anything. If people like what he is posting, what's the problem?
He needs an ET coffee cup for that workshop.

I like his videos, they are done well. Better then some of the other, "just like" ones YouTube shows.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
I usually shy away from "multi-purpose" tools because in my experience it usually means they just suck at multiple things, but I've been looking for a pair of pliers like that.

How's the leverage with the joint being so far away from the nose of the pliers?

You guys who say you use them daily, do they replace your Kleins?

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
ElectricianTalk should pay him to do decent tool reviews.. at least it's productive and useful to our trade, unlike the usual crap threads on here.

I have to admit, this tool looks like it could be really useful to me. He alone has helped me more than most people on this thread, even as little as he posts. WTF MCFLURRY!

Post more tool reviews, we'll tell you if they actually suck.. we don't hold back.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
Not unless you like twisting wires with needlenose pliers....
Yeah, if they had a larger jaw area, I might be all over that.

Also, these are apparently "relay adjusting pliers." Not sure what the hell you're supposed to do with them; open the control panel and stab at the ice-cube relays until something starts working? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts