Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
An LLC is basically the same as a sole proprietorship but it gives you more personal protection. It also gives you the ability to file as a corporation at the end of the year if that will end up being beneficial to you.

Go to NJ's website, it cost me $250 to form my LLC. Don't use any company to do it, it's unnecessary and they put themselves down as your registered agent so you have to pay them every year.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
An LLC is basically the same as a sole proprietorship but it gives you more personal protection. It also gives you the ability to file as a corporation at the end of the year if that will end up being beneficial to you.

Go to NJ's website, it cost me $250 to form my LLC. Don't use any company to do it, it's unnecessary and they put themselves down as your registered agent so you have to pay them every year.
You need to elect to be taxed as a corporation at the beginning of the year in order to be taxed as a corp.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Start up has a lot less requirement's as a Sole Proprietor biggest issue for you and one that should shy you away from it is that all of your personal and business asset's are tied together in the event of credit default or lawsuits. LLC only protect's you from basic liability claim's; however unless you do something blatantly criminal you will probably be fine in the event anything happens to the business.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
Create two companies , which can have the same principal officers (prez ,sec & treas) shuffled around.

Run the books so that each company is renting services , equipment or space off the other @ premium rates

Find an accountant to guide the legalities involved

~CS~

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,311 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.