Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just priced out a 2160sq ft house. I haven't bid one in a couple years because it was a waste of time, never got them. This one is for a friend of a contractor I do a lot of renos with. I broke it all down and ended up at 16,720.75$. Priced it using take off. Ended up at 7.74/sq ft. It's nothing fancy. Pretty standard 3 bedroom. 19 recessed cans. All electric. Just wondering how in the world people wire these at 3-4$ a sq and make money? Haven't submitted. But feel confident I won't get it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Is that including service too?

Same here haven't done much new construction in awhile , can't seem to compete with the weekenders out of the city . Show up on a sat and Sunday knock em off with one licensed guy and a handful of helpers not apprentices .
Let em have em .
Not that much fun anyway.
If I can make more on Reno and service work I'm good with that!

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I hear ya , guys gotta eat man.
Had a ol fella ask me once if I was busy my reply was "swamped"
His was ,you ever think you should charge alittle more and work alittle less?
Your making same money without killing yourself.
Best advice I ever took!

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
Just priced out a 2160sq ft house. I haven't bid one in a couple years because it was a waste of time, never got them. This one is for a friend of a contractor I do a lot of renos with. I broke it all down and ended up at 16,720.75$. Priced it using take off. Ended up at 7.74/sq ft. It's nothing fancy. Pretty standard 3 bedroom. 19 recessed cans. All electric. Just wondering how in the world people wire these at 3-4$ a sq and make money? Haven't submitted. But feel confident I won't get it.
I never win new construction. I saw one just like that go for 8000.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.