Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Just joined this forum.

My name is Cam and i have worked with my families electrical company for about 15 years, and i juts opened my own company after my families downsized.My website is http://ranchoelectric.info and i would really like some feedback on it!

What im doing is putting a lot of free electrical information out there for my customers to show them as much as i can about the trade. I write different blogs like my post about ceiling fans and my post about electrical wiring!http://ranchoelectric.info/?p=173

Take a second and let me know what you think! Thanks guys!

-Cam
http://ranchoelectric.info

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
Funny. The photos are of European plugs, and show 240v/50Htz wall warts. The video has a very distinct British accent on the voice-over.

·
Registered
31,643 Posts
Funny. The photos are of European plugs, and show 240v/50Htz wall warts. The video has a very distinct British accent on the voice-over.
I noticed that, but the average smuck would not notice.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I have a question but first welcome. Please explain this.

You would be surprised how much money you will save when you let Rancho Electric fix your problems!

·
Expatriate in Training
1,265 Posts
I like how in the comments at the bottom buddy uses terms like home run and panel and meter combo.....doesn't sound too much like your average HO :no:

And we're having our "technician" call you? Would any of you take kindly to the label technician?

·
Expatriate in Training
1,265 Posts
I have a question but first welcome. Please explain this.

You would be surprised how much money you will save when you let Rancho Electric fix your problems!
Avoiding having your house burn down and kill your family and pets?

Or to be more cynical.....to avoid paying those guys with licences insurance schooling and what not??

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Avoiding having your house burn down and kill your family and pets?

Or to be more cynical.....to avoid paying those guys with licences insurance schooling and what not??
I don't think it is a claim you could back up. Unless you are fixing a light that has a bad photocell and is keeping the light on during the day. Or a similar situation.

·
Banned
627 Posts

My name is Cam and i have worked with my families electrical company for about 15 years, and i juts opened my own company after my families downsized.My website is http://ranchoelectric.info and i would really like some feedback on it!

What im doing is putting a lot of free electrical information out there for my customers to show them as much as i can about the trade. I write different blogs like my post about ceiling fans and my post about electrical wiring!http://ranchoelectric.info/?p=173

-Cam
well, you just got flagged off the inland empire craigslist.....
what on earth did you say to get flagged off craigslist, for god's sake?

=====
This posting has been flagged for removal. [?]
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
=====

seems to be that you are operating under two different names?

=====
Electrician - Services Classifieds - Rialto, CA - Claz.org
claz.org › Classifieds › Rialto, CA › Services
Block all claz.org results
909-919-3090, Need a Licensed Electrician? *** Call CES Electric Today! ***,
=====

CES Electric is also SERVICE MAGIC Approved

=====

Here are the basic hand tools our technicians use to do all our commercial electrical services!

Pliers- These include side-cutting pliers and needle-nose pliers. The most common brand we use is Klein.
Screwdrivers and Nut-drivers- Our technicians usually like to use one tool that has different adaptions for each type of screwdriver and nut driver. The common one is the Klein 10-in-1 screwdriver and nut driver.
Commercial Electrical Wire Strippers- These are most likely the most used tool by electricians. They are used to strip wires for almost every type of connection. We usually use the “T-strippers”.
Fishing Tools- These are not what you might first think! We use these tools to fish a wire down or threw a wall or pipe. This is a common way to get a wire from point A to point B. We use a Fish tape, and long skinny poles made out of fiberglass that bend while keeping their strength.
Measuring devices- No electrician should be without some sort of tape measure. Many electricians are using laser measuring tools now days as well.
Labeling Machine- This is a very important tool that all professional electricians have but non-professional electricians tend to overlook. This machine prints out stickers to label wires and panels clearly and cleanly. No one likes the look of sloppy hand writing all over their panel and it may sometimes be misread which can cause major problems.
Power drills and drivers, hammer/drills- Today’s commercial electrical services power tools provide excellent power in small packages. Whether is cord or cord-less, drills are very important for electricians. They provide the power needed for many different types of jobs and keep jobs fast and painless.
Power saws- Just like drills, saws very in which one is used for which job. The professional electrician will have a variety of different types, being sure he is ready for any type of job. The most common of these are the handheld reciprocating saws. These are found most often because of their versatility and dependability.

=====

well, you have a wealth of information... under the .info website, i'd
put your C-10 number, and a business address.

i might trim down some of your information.... the paragraph above
is way more information than a customer usually needs or wants.

they usually want to know:

how much will it cost?
when can you show up?
will you clean up when you are done?

if you have good reviews on angies list, that will go a long way towards
getting you calls. spamming craigslist will get you calls, but most of them
will be pretty sucky, has been my experience.

there also seems to be quite a bit of rhetoric slamming those "other"
electricians as being either incompetent, cheats, or both.

that would be the rest of us, who you are now asking what we think
of your web site.

good luck. welcome to the forum... where we put the fun back in
dysfunctional.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
well, you just got flagged off the inland empire craigslist.....
what on earth did you say to get flagged off craigslist, for god's sake?

=====
This posting has been flagged for removal. [?]
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
=====

seems to be that you are operating under two different names?

=====
Electrician - Services Classifieds - Rialto, CA - Claz.org
claz.org › Classifieds › Rialto, CA › Services
Block all claz.org results
909-919-3090, Need a Licensed Electrician? *** Call CES Electric Today! ***,
=====

CES Electric is also SERVICE MAGIC Approved

=====

Here are the basic hand tools our technicians use to do all our commercial electrical services!

Pliers- These include side-cutting pliers and needle-nose pliers. The most common brand we use is Klein.
Screwdrivers and Nut-drivers- Our technicians usually like to use one tool that has different adaptions for each type of screwdriver and nut driver. The common one is the Klein 10-in-1 screwdriver and nut driver.
Commercial Electrical Wire Strippers- These are most likely the most used tool by electricians. They are used to strip wires for almost every type of connection. We usually use the “T-strippers”.
Fishing Tools- These are not what you might first think! We use these tools to fish a wire down or threw a wall or pipe. This is a common way to get a wire from point A to point B. We use a Fish tape, and long skinny poles made out of fiberglass that bend while keeping their strength.
Measuring devices- No electrician should be without some sort of tape measure. Many electricians are using laser measuring tools now days as well.
Labeling Machine- This is a very important tool that all professional electricians have but non-professional electricians tend to overlook. This machine prints out stickers to label wires and panels clearly and cleanly. No one likes the look of sloppy hand writing all over their panel and it may sometimes be misread which can cause major problems.
Power drills and drivers, hammer/drills- Today’s commercial electrical services power tools provide excellent power in small packages. Whether is cord or cord-less, drills are very important for electricians. They provide the power needed for many different types of jobs and keep jobs fast and painless.
Power saws- Just like drills, saws very in which one is used for which job. The professional electrician will have a variety of different types, being sure he is ready for any type of job. The most common of these are the handheld reciprocating saws. These are found most often because of their versatility and dependability.

=====

well, you have a wealth of information... under the .info website, i'd
put your C-10 number, and a business address.

i might trim down some of your information.... the paragraph above
is way more information than a customer usually needs or wants.

they usually want to know:

how much will it cost?
when can you show up?
will you clean up when you are done?

if you have good reviews on angies list, that will go a long way towards
getting you calls. spamming craigslist will get you calls, but most of them
will be pretty sucky, has been my experience.

there also seems to be quite a bit of rhetoric slamming those "other"
electricians as being either incompetent, cheats, or both.

that would be the rest of us, who you are now asking what we think
of your web site.

good luck. welcome to the forum... where we put the fun back in
dysfunctional.

That AC guys ad is cool...:laughing::thumbup:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/sks/2703417786.html

·
Registered
31,643 Posts
Our field service guys are technicians, I am one as well.
I am a technician as are my employees.

tech·ni·cian   [tek-nish-uhn]
noun
a person who is trained or skilled in the technicalities of a subject.

Seems to fit quite nicely.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I like how in the comments at the bottom buddy uses terms like home run and panel and meter combo.....doesn't sound too much like your average HO :no:

And we're having our "technician" call you? Would any of you take kindly to the label technician?
We are Electricians..:thumbup:

"technician" What is the world coming to..:(

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
I hate the term "technician"
Well you are just a truck jockey so have no fear that you will be called a technician. :laughing:

What would you choose to call an employee who is much more trained and talented then just an electrician?

We have well over 100 electricians, only some of them are also technicians.

·
Banned
1,491 Posts
Well you are just a truck jockey so have no fear that you will be called a technician. :laughing:

What would you choose to call an employee who is much more trained and talented then just an electrician?

We have well over 100 electricians, only some of them are also technicians.

Everyone I meet that calls themselves a technician, seems like they are some jack -O who just took a 2 week seminar on how to service residential water softeners or some kinda chit like that

·
Licensed Journeyman
5,880 Posts
BBQ said:
Our field service guys are technicians, I am one as well.
I am an electrician. I had a buddy tell me he was a tech the other day. I dont know what to think about that.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
High

-Cam
Hi and welcome.

Batten down the hatches. Your about to get blasted!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts