Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in Pittsburgh and a few years ago my brother was killed in a car accident. I've been hanging on to all his electrical tools but its time to part with them. I would like to see them go to someone who will use them and get use out of them not to just sit on the workbench. I can't post in the swap section yet because I don't have 25 posts so if anyone is interested please let me know. Thank you Tracy

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hi, I'm in Pittsburgh and a few years ago my brother was killed in a car accident. I've been hanging on to all his electrical tools but its time to part with them. I would like to see them go to someone who will use them and get use out of them not to just sit on the workbench. I can't post in the swap section yet because I don't have 25 posts so if anyone is interested please let me know. Thank you Tracy
Sorry about your brother Tracy.:(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a tragic accident. killed my sister, brother (in law) and my nephew. A day I will never ever forget. But like I said I have to move on so this is step one.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I wasnt really lookung but maybe you could post some pics here so we could establish some kind of value.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Do you have a price point in mind?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No not really. I have more pictures I just didn't post them all. I turned on all the meters and they all work. the Fluke 189 didn't at first but then I replaced the batteries and it works fine. There is a huge bag full of all the screwdrivers and stuff and then there is a tool carry thing over a bucket full of tools. I was told they were valued at over 600 so I was thinking 400? or any reasonable offer. Just really want to sell them and get them to someone who will use them and not just collect dust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think my brother just bought the fluke meter before the accident it still has the plastic on the window and doesn't have a scratch on it. no rub marks on the dial either likes its been used alot. I saw they go for 399 and up on ebay but..I don't know.. Its making me sad I just want to sell them. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for any duplicates but I think this is all of them. Carry bag comes with it and so does the tool holder you put over the bucket. All the meters work I had them on. Everything is in great condition. The FLUKE meter is practically new. I was told they were valued at over 600.00 But I'll take 400 for everything plus shipping. I'll pay for insurance. Thank you

·
Never Used Scotchkote
2,811 Posts
I'm interested in all the crimp on ends.

How much?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm interested in all the crimp on ends.

How much?
I don't know what individual pieces are worth, I was told the whole lot was worth 600. Would like to sell it as a whole, but if now I will break it up. I'll just have to do research on all these pieces.

·
Never Used Scotchkote
2,811 Posts
TP3 said:
I don't know what individual pieces are worth, I was told the whole lot was worth 600. Would like to sell it as a whole, but if now I will break it up. I'll just have to do research on all these pieces.
Ill give ya 300 for it all

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Hell, the meter is worth that.
New from a store.

Replacement value may be over a grand for all that. $300 was a fair offer what are you offering SB? $400?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts