Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Bucket Head
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everybody! As the title says I'm from the great state of Maine.:) I've been doing electrical work off and on since I was fifteen, when I started helping my father wire houses in the summers and on weekends. I've been working at it full time since late '98 and I now work for a mostly commercial contractor. As it is in other parts of the country, work is a little slow right now:(, but we've got a big project that will be starting up in a couple of months.:thumbsup:

I read quite a few threads before I posted and I can tell this is a cool place to hang out, learn a lot and have a good time, too! Some of you guys are pretty darn funny! I've found myself :laughing: out loud at quite a few posts!

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes grounds down.

·
Bucket Head
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum and always put your grounds facing down :thumbsup:
Thanks for the welcomes, guys! I agree on the grounds down, but for reasons that have never been explained to me, my company wants them up.

·
Ayuh
1,112 Posts
Hey Motts, fellow Mainuh here, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
And make sure to install one of those power factor, correction, saver devices to reduce your bill. They work I swear, ask Ribbit. :)

·
Banned
16,095 Posts
And make sure to install one of those power factor, correction, saver devices to reduce your bill.
Commas aren't required between "factor", "correction", and "saver".

Edit - nevermind, I see what you're saying. They're like a magical three-in-one mystery saving box. Great!

·
Bucket Head
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is obvious in your first post that you are proud of what you do, as we all are. Welcome.

RIVETER
Thanks, RIVETER! I am proud of what I do. I like to work on a building and then see the people who work there using it and know that I helped make it happen.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts