Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here. Just wanted to say hello. I've been in Local 3(NYC local) for over 15 years. I just obtained my Master Electrician's license out in Long Island, New York. My grandfather was a licensed electrican out here about 40 years ago. I started a corporation with the same company name as him and the Town that issues the license was able to give me the same license#. Pretty crazy how things turned out and it's a small way to keep him in my thoughts. I look forward to meeting new people and learning. Thanks

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
My first post here. Just wanted to say hello. I've been in Local 3(NYC local) for over 15 years. I just obtained my Master Electrician's license out in Long Island, New York. My grandfather was a licensed electrican out here about 40 years ago. I started a corporation with the same company name as him and the Town that issues the license was able to give me the same license#. Pretty crazy how things turned out and it's a small way to keep him in my thoughts. I look forward to meeting new people and learning. Thanks
Welcome aboard..:thumbup:

That's cool they gave you your grandfathers license number..:thumbsup:

·
808 Posts
Where did you take your training to study for the examination?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you take your training to study for the examination?
I took my first class back in 2005 @ Electrical Training Institute in Lindenhurst but I didn't have enough experience to take the Master exam. In 2011, I took the class again but they had moved to Copiague. I took the Suffolk exam right after the class and passed that one. My other test was in the town which I live in. Failed the first time, and they took another year to issue a retest and only gave 4 days notice via a phone call to take it again.

·
808 Posts
I took my first class back in 2005 @ Electrical Training Institute in Lindenhurst but I didn't have enough experience to take the Master exam. In 2011, I took the class again but they had moved to Copiague. I took the Suffolk exam right after the class and passed that one. My other test was in the town which I live in. Failed the first time, and they took another year to issue a retest and only gave 4 days notice via a phone call to take it again.
Good for you! Save all papers and items related to your career so you can be reminded of the ladder you climbed to be successful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.