Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I had been considering getting in to the electrical field for a while and decided to take the plunge.
I just sent off for my apprentice license last week.

I have an electronics degree and worked 5 years as a photocopier technician, but this will be a whole new world. My job would stop where the plug went into the wall, now I learn between there and the power plant :D

My friend's husband is also an apprentice and is giving me some helpful advice, but I welcome any good advice I find.

And I'll try not to :censored: things up while I'm here.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
That was not a job offer, btw, nor if according to site rules company names should not be posted should you post your employer.

I'm not certain of the rule, just don't want to be the first cause of you :censored:ing up on here. :laughing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was not a job offer, btw, nor if according to site rules company names should not be posted should you post your employer.

I'm not certain of the rule, just don't want to be the first cause of you :censored:ing up on here. :laughing:
I am not working for anyone yet. I mean I have JUST sent off for my apprentice license, it hasn't even arrived in the mail yet.
Also, I did not think you were offering me anything.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I am not working for anyone yet. I mean I have JUST sent off for my apprentice license, it hasn't even arrived in the mail yet.
Also, I did not think you were offering me anything.
I was already working in the field, building complete services and working entire new construction and remodel electrical jobs, before I ever even applied for mine.

I had previous experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts