Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Professional Nit Picker
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by a job site today and the first thing I saw when I pulled in was a new 4" pvc conduit with a new pvc box and new pulled conductors. Gee I wonder why they didn't finish ?

·
Pool Shark
472 Posts
Looks like untreated 1x1s holding that crap to the house.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
When I see that, on a house, it makes me wonder what sort of abomination they made out of the conduit run that required another pull point.

Reactions: MTW

·
Professional Nit Picker
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's 2x4 mounted to the building.

This is a community maintenance type building. The new PVC it being run to a pool house that is undergoing a complete gut and redo. There was a major problem with the original feed to the building that required a new feeder to be run. The pVC out of the bottom of the box goes underground to the pool house building. They needed to install a pull point due to the number of bends

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Putting my :nerd: glasses on, those appear to be coax or fiber optic cables of some sort. Regardless, it's still an electrical abortion.

·
Professional Nit Picker
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A tad?- why did they use a box. Per NEC that would need to be 8 X 4"= 32" box for straight pull.
Yes I explained ( to the contractor) that it needs to be a minimum of 32" x wide enough to get both conduits into.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Someone should set up a candid camera so we can watch someone fight to get that cover on. I'd probably pay 5 bucks to see that

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
837 Posts
Slap an expansion coupling on it and a cover. Job done, check cashed. :laughing::whistling2:

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
All I can say is MASSIVE red tag.

Pete

·
Professional Nit Picker
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
What's the yellow tag in the box say?
Thats a tag I left for the contractor to call me, as he was not on site. I also put in a telephone call to him. When he called back I discussed it with him and it will be changed to a properly sized box.

( yellow tag in question is in another photo in my photobucket account, that has been locked now)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts