Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd say hello, I'm 17 and a senior in high school going through an electrical program at our local tech school.

I'm not trying to break any rules by joining, I don't consider myself a DIYer as this is the career that I'm going for and working in daily.

I've been amazed by electricity for as long as I can remember, so I know this is the trade I want to immerse myself in. Came here to read and learn all I can.

From the time I was little I can remember taking apart things and labeling wires, figuring them out. Now we work under an electrician in maintaining our failing high school's electrical system.

I've learned a lot of field experience and book experience through this, but not nearly enough.

·
Super Moderator
21,937 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow North Carolinan, although I was not born in NC.

I would advise you to try and get some summer work with a local guy even if you have to work real cheap. Learning in the field is a very important part of your education into the field.

I would advise you to take what you hear as golden rules with a bit of caution. Always check out what you are told as there are a tremendous number of misconceptions in the field.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum from a fellow North Carolinan, although I was not born in NC.

I would advise you to try and get some summer work with a local guy even if you have to work real cheap. Learning in the field is a very important part of your education into the field.

I would advise you to take what you hear as golden rules with a bit of caution. Always check out what you are told as there are a tremendous number of misconceptions in the field.
Thank you for the reply, I'll heed your warning and always check out what I am told.

I'm interested in getting a summer job in the field in some form or another whether it be residential or commercial.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Just thought I'd say hello, I'm 17 and a senior in high school going through an electrical program at our local tech school.

I'm not trying to break any rules by joining, I don't consider myself a DIYer as this is the career that I'm going for and working in daily.

I've been amazed by electricity for as long as I can remember, so I know this is the trade I want to immerse myself in. Came here to read and learn all I can.

From the time I was little I can remember taking apart things and labeling wires, figuring them out. Now we work under an electrician in maintaining our failing high school's electrical system.

I've learned a lot of field experience and book experience through this, but not nearly enough.

Welcome to the forum:thumbup:

quote}I've learned a lot of field experience and book experience through this, but not nearly enough. ]

Don't worry 30 years from now you will know so much more and still be able to say the same thing,,,The learning never stops:) Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts