Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
20,945 Posts
I guess there was a knife thread I missed.

I've been carrying the all-stainless steel SOG Twitch-II for a few years (about 40 bucks at Lowe's) and like it fine. Keeps a good edge and sharpens up easily. DOn't use it for much other than opening boxes and occasionally skinning heavy-ought stuff. I recently learned that this knife might actually be illegal in my state (PA) due to the fact that it's an 'assisted open' knife. I don't exactly plan on showing it off to police officers to find out for sure, though.

· RIP 1959-2015
39,532 Posts

I've been carrying the all-stainless steel SOG Twitch-II for a few years (about 40 bucks at Lowe's) and like it fine. Keeps a good edge and sharpens up easily. DOn't use it for much other than opening boxes and occasionally skinning heavy-ought stuff. I recently learned that this knife might actually be illegal in my state (PA) due to the fact that it's an 'assisted open' knife. I don't exactly plan on showing it off to police officers to find out for sure, though.

Like this one...

http://www.electriciantalk.com/f14/anyone-have-sog-kilowatt-knife-60014/

· Registered
596 Posts
I still buy those ten dollar Schrade folding penknives about (4)$11.00 at Lowes. There single blade,flat in my pocket,easy to sharpen with a diamond fishhook hone(in my pouch). The only problem is I lose:)whistling2:) em' all the time. They sharpen up(by hand) in about 30 seconds.

· Premium Member
20,945 Posts
In truth, I still tend to use the good ol' Stanley 99 for most things. It's just handy to have a pocket knife in your pocket for the times when your tools aren't right at hand. I just got tired of mine getting rusty from either the weather or sweat, so I picked an all stainless-steel version to carry the last few years. I sorta wish I could get more tools in all stainless steel.

Reactions: markore

· Banned
1,244 Posts
I split the difference and usually carry a folder that accepts a utility knife blade.

I like this because it's the size of a normal pocket knife and I clip it in my pocket the same way, but it's always razor sharp and never needs to be sharpened.

· Buzzy304E
1,163 Posts

I also have the Twitch II, with rosewood handle, 45 bucks or so from the Bay. Usually stays in my pocket, as I use my Stanley for skinning.Those blades are cheap and easily changed.

· Registered
14,602 Posts
I usually carry a bench made or a sog but I use one of those lenox gold knives for most work cutting tasks. Especially if it involves cutting into a gooey mess of electrical tape.

· Registered
15 Posts
I usually carry a folder also but they always seem to have a loose blade after awhile. I now carry a folder made by Gerber and its super thin and half the size so you can hardly tell its in your pocket. And the blade is held in place by a set screw so it never gets loose. The price is good also, only $12.

· Registered
1,887 Posts
I have been carrying a cold steel american lawman as my work knife...took it apart and stripped the black coating off...made in Taiwan, but I have to say it seems tougher than any benchmade I have ever owned, it is very well made and priced right. The lock will never fail on you!

· Registered
1,287 Posts
I own 2 benchmades and a couple SOGS including the twitch 2. If your willing to spend the money I highly recommend the benchmade 940 osborne. If your more on a budget the sogs have proven them selves also. I carried a SOG FLASH 2 for many years and gotta say for the money they are great knives.

· Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered mine what seems like forever ago (a week) and still havent seen it. I need all my chit i order online to come during the week so i can get to it and act like ive had it before the wife sees it and says wtf did you order now

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.