Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I'm a new member from New York City and I'm posting a question on behalf of my dad. We have a NYC specific question that hopefully someone would be able to help us with. A NYC licensed Master electrician (my dad) received an offer to work as an employee of a company that installs generators, solar panels, etc. As an employee of the company, he would apply for permits for all jobs that the company puts him on under his license. The work would be performed by other employees of the company. He would supervise and inspect all the work that is done. It sounds like there would be several projects going on at once.

My (and his) question is this: is this type of arrangement allowed in NYC? He doesn't want to put his license at risk and just wants to be sure that this is a legit way to do business in NYC. We tried calling the Dept. of Buildings but all we get is voicemail and no call back.

Thanks in advance. I realize this may be an odd question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hi Everyone. I'm a new member from New York City and I'm posting a question on behalf of my dad. We have a NYC specific question that hopefully someone would be able to help us with. A NYC licensed Master electrician (my dad) received an offer to work as an employee of a company that installs generators, solar panels, etc. As an employee of the company, he would apply for permits for all jobs that the company puts him on under his license. The work would be performed by other employees of the company. He would supervise and inspect all the work that is done. It sounds like there would be several projects going on at once.

My (and his) question is this: is this type of arrangement allowed in NYC? He doesn't want to put his license at risk and just wants to be sure that this is a legit way to do business in NYC. We tried calling the Dept. of Buildings but all we get is voicemail and no call back.

Thanks in advance. I realize this may be an odd question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes he can do that, but the name of the business should be on his license, go here and contact them.. http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/html/development/license_electrician.shtml

Here is mass you must add the business name to your Master License and he should get some extra money for doing that.

Welcome to the forum..:thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts