Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Born and raised in Fort Pierce, Florida. Completed a two year degree in Basic Criminal Justice, then switched my profession (like so many of us do) to Power Plant Fundamentals. First year was basic operation of a Nuclear power plant in St. Lucie (FPL [Very Large power distribution/manufacturer in South East]). Second year we choose specialization either Mechanical or Instrumentation/Electrician (I&E). Graduated with my Power Plant Fundamentals AS. Got a job at a bleach plant (Allied Universal Corp) here locally where I calibrate probes in our acid and caustic lines. General PM for any pneumatic or Electrical equipment. and installation of lighting fixtures, as well as other stuff. I'm loving it and couldn't be happier as a 24 year old fresh out of College (Wish I wouldn't have wasted the first two years on my first degree though.) Considering taking a course for Apprentice Electrician. Joined this site to further myself and learn from everyone else! Happy to be here!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I forgot to mention, it's unfortunately not unionized so no IBEW for me me :( I was raised in Union life, my dad is the VP of Local 627. If I ever change career location to FPL, I'll definitely join up :)

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Welcome to ET, and i think you just won EOTQ!

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
Bienvenida!!!!

Hopefully your dad still is able to call you son........:laughing:

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Born and raised in Fort Pierce, Florida. Completed a two year degree in Basic Criminal Justice, then switched my profession (like so many of us do) to Power Plant Fundamentals. First year was basic operation of a Nuclear power plant in St. Lucie (FPL [Very Large power distribution/manufacturer in South East]). Second year we choose specialization either Mechanical or Instrumentation/Electrician (I&E). Graduated with my Power Plant Fundamentals AS. Got a job at a bleach plant (Allied Universal Corp) here locally where I calibrate probes in our acid and caustic lines. General PM for any pneumatic or Electrical equipment. and installation of lighting fixtures, as well as other stuff. I'm loving it and couldn't be happier as a 24 year old fresh out of College (Wish I wouldn't have wasted the first two years on my first degree though.) Considering taking a course for Apprentice Electrician. Joined this site to further myself and learn from everyone else! Happy to be here!
Welcome aboard :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts