Electrician Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,

I'm currently based in the UK and considering moving to Tampa. Just checking out this site which seems a great source of content.

I look forward to talking to some of you soon,

SM
Here is my current Guildford electrician site

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi guys ,

I'm currently based in the UK and considering moving to Tampa. Just checking out this site which seems a great source of content.

I look forward to talking to some of you soon,

SM
Here is my current Guildford electrician site
Well if you do move to Tampa, you can talk to me in person. That's where I live. DM me and I'll buy you a beer by the beach. This assumes you are moving to Tampa, Florida and not Tampa, Kansas; or Tampa, Colorado; or one of the nine other Tampa's around the world.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Welcome to ET ... Florida has lot's of sun shine, nice beaches and Busch Gardens. Sounds like a good place to move to.

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
Welcome to ET ... Florida has lot's of sun shine, nice beaches and Busch Gardens. Sounds like a good place to move retire to.
FIFY
It's one of the worst places to be a skilled tradesman.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well that depends on which factor you are looking at. You never freeze your ass off while working. Sometimes you work near the beach or in an amusement park. It's one of the easiest places to get into a union apprenticeship program. The cost of living isn't too bad. But the wages are lower than anyplace IBEW has a local except Guam.

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
Well that depends on which factor you are looking at. You never freeze your ass off while working. Sometimes you work near the beach or in an amusement park. It's one of the easiest places to get into a union apprenticeship program. The cost of living isn't too bad. But the wages are lower than anyplace IBEW has a local except Guam.
Which factor did you think I was referring to? If I posted an ad for a competent qualified journeyman wireman for a job in NYC and started rattling off that we got Times Square, Broadway, enugh museums to visit 1 per weekend and never go to the same place twice in over 2 years, 4 seasons a year, never get crotch rot, sometimes work on Coney Island which is an amusement park AND a beach and filled with Russian mobsters, would you not laugh?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
FIFY
I just said it's a beautiful state to live in. I'm sure there is some work there for electricians. I'm thinking Cape Canaveral or Cecil Field Spaceport.
I'm not sure about crotch rot but I hear humidity is good for your skin. The only real draw back in my opinion is the Politicians and alligators.
Land is cheap in most areas so really you don't need to make a that much money to afford to live there.
No matter how far inland you live it’s only 60 miles to the beach.

·
Registered
Ready Mix concrete plant electrician
2,156 Posts
Which factor did you think I was referring to? If I posted an ad for a competent qualified journeyman wireman for a job in NYC and started rattling off that we got Times Square, Broadway, enugh museums to visit 1 per weekend and never go to the same place twice in over 2 years, 4 seasons a year, never get crotch rot, sometimes work on Coney Island which is an amusement park AND a beach and filled with Russian mobsters, would you not laugh?
Cool story bro.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes, I knew you were talking about pay. I was attempting to be funny/ironic but also point out that a lot of sparkys live and work here without too much complaint. Guess I failed. Maybe I should have used a bunch of emoji. :eek:o_O:LOL:(y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts