Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
Not sure if this is the right area for introductions, but here goes. Im PeteTMIET and I am 67 semi retired now but like to keep abreast of all the new rules and regulations, just passed the 17th Edition update, looking forward to enjoying the forum.:):thumbup::laughing:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hi Everyone
Not sure if this is the right area for introductions, but here goes. Im PeteTMIET and I am 67 semi retired now but like to keep abreast of all the new rules and regulations, just passed the 17th Edition update, looking forward to enjoying the forum.:):thumbup::laughing:
Welcome to the forum Pete , jump right in and post away..:thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
22,013 Posts
Welcome-- from another old timer-- 62

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not many of us left Den RU still working? I'm part time trying to lead my Son in the ways of an Electrician he used to fit alarms but he's getting there, nice to meet you

·
Super Moderator
22,013 Posts
Not many of us left Den RU still working? I'm part time trying to lead my Son in the ways of an Electrician he used to fit alarms but he's getting there, nice to meet you
I still run the business but am disabled so I can't do much anymore. I love the work and hate that I can't be out there in the trenches.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm able bodied but have to go into hospital in the new year I have a tumor in my pitruitry gland they say it's not serious, but like you I miss getting my hands dirty, my bones are a bit creaky these days, I can manage switches but sockets (recepticals) are a no no

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
I'm able bodied but have to go into hospital in the new year I have a tumor in my pitruitry gland they say it's not serious, but like you I miss getting my hands dirty, my bones are a bit creaky these days, I can manage switches but sockets (recepticals) are a no no
That's why receptacles should be no lower than four feet......:thumbup::laughing:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Everyone
Nice to see your keeping up with it! :thumbup:

There are many I've come across younger than you who believe that that a 4 year apprenticeship was all that they needed.

You and I both know its a constant revolving industry. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Absolutely Warren never to old to learn new tricks, 4 years? mine was 6, 6 months on probation 5 years apprenticeship 6 months as an improver then got fired to get experience elsewhere, they don't know how lucky they are nowadays

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Hi from Canada. 65 come spring. Trying mostly service work now with the odd smaller jobs that I get talked into.

Going to do the upgrade course on our twenty-second edition of the Canadian Electrical Code in December.

Crap... I hope they don't test on that. :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Dave worked in Ottawa for about 3 month about 10 years back, notice that there were a lot of UK ex pats doing the maintenance back then, worked with a guy from Quebec nice guy

·
Senile Member
30,847 Posts
Hi I'm macmikeman. So how do you like me so far?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts