Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Local 3 IBEW Tool House - Supply
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone is interested, Milwaukee is having a series of online events to show off new and upcoming products. This is the first time they are opening it up beyond distributors to end users. You need to preregister if you want to attend, here is the info...

here is the link they provided:

Milwaukee Pipeline Event Registration

·
Petulant Amateur
Poor electrician, excellent bull chitter.
24,549 Posts
I registered for my replacement warranty with Bosch and never got a single propaganda email from them. I didn’t need to use the warranty either. Good tools.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Honestly, I was waiting to see this. I was starting to think about tradeshows and counter days, missing see new products and talking to reps. I would also like to find the sales guy that told me I could get Brady 61 for a couple hundred.
Now I could use the name of the super splicing tape I got a sample of last year.

·
Petulant Amateur
Poor electrician, excellent bull chitter.
24,549 Posts
I got three emails from Milwaukee yesterday. That was it. I unsubscribed. I got sucked in to registering with a draw for free tools.

·
Registered
Electrician
1,088 Posts
Today I just noticed the local HD has the new MX Fuel Jack hammer and chainsaw at the the store. Those batteries are frigging HUGE.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It doesn't like SS uni-strut. Cuts it like butter but dulls the blade in no time.
Does anything like to cut stainless strut? Horizontal band saw is nice on blades but just so slow. Cut off is fast but same problem, chews up blades. Anyone played with ss strut and the new shears?

·
Registered
Master Electrician - Ontario
3,223 Posts
When ever cutting stainless you need the right blades, otherwise it just rusts out too.

When I worked in the poultry plant, we did everything in stainless pretty much, we a separate set of tools / machine just for stainless.

Cheers
John

·
Registered
Local 3 IBEW Tool House - Supply
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When ever cutting stainless you need the right blades, otherwise it just rusts out too.

When I worked in the poultry plant, we did everything in stainless pretty much, we a separate set of tools / machine just for stainless.

Cheers
John
Definitely need the right blade, also need LOW speed. A lot of my customers think the faster the better, but it just heats up the blade and ruins the teeth. Lower tooth count, line an 8/10t variable blade and low speed works well, plus a good cutting lubricant...there is this stuff called Tapmatic Edge Creme that works wonders.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts