Electrician Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always been a lurker, so I made an account!

I've always been an enthusiast in the field and hope to do an apprenticeship after post-secondary, but in the mean-time, I'm building control panels!

Been doing so for the last 4 months and I don't mind it, getting experience for a future in the industrial field, be it behind a desk or in the field, don't know yet.

·
Banned
2,507 Posts
lol me too

Grew up in a small town between Windsor and London.

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
post some pics of your projects.

·
Banned
2,507 Posts
Can't say where you live, can't show what you build...

So what should we talk about?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Always been a lurker, so I made an account!

I've always been an enthusiast in the field and hope to do an apprenticeship after post-secondary, but in the mean-time, I'm building control panels!

Been doing so for the last 4 months and I don't mind it, getting experience for a future in the industrial field, be it behind a desk or in the field, don't know yet.
Welcome to ET..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Sooooo ur one of those guys that never gives us field guys enuff room in the panduit for our wires, puts all kinds of stuff right where we want to bring the conduits into the enclosure!

Jk

Always admired nice control enclosures... They can be a masterpiece!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Well, I was wondering if there was any education I should get before I go through apprenticeship. Eg, my mom thinks I should go to uni for ee and biz
If you are wanting to do an electrical apprenticeship, I don't think it is really necessary to do any of those things. If you wanted to be an EE, then by all means go down that path. Doing EE will help you in trade school, but not much in the field.

·
Banned
2,507 Posts
Apprenticeship is the education you need to be an electrician.

If you want to be an EE, then don't bother with an apprenticeship... Just go straight to Uni.

They're different paths with different outcomes and not swappable. I know it's impossible to do when you're young, but you need to decide what life you want and then choose the path that gets you there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts