Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
ponyboy said:
How is a crappy drywall job an electricians problem?
Why you're cutting in an outlet and hit a tape joint that was done crappily 10 years ago, and the whole top of the hole where you were going to put in a cut in box is nothing but a little flap of tape and 1/8" of dried Sheetrock mud.... That's the only time I can think of where it's been my problem.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
[Q UOTE=TOOL_5150;1290018]It may very well be a new product, but its nothing I would use since im an electrician, not a mud monkey.[/QUOTE]

I'am thankful everyday I'am not a drywaller or turd wrestler.

·
Professional Nit Picker
2,363 Posts
How is a crappy drywall job an electricians problem?
It became a concern of electricians when they put this in the NEC :001_huh:

314.21 Repairing Noncombustible Surfaces.
Noncombustible surfaces that are broken or incomplete around boxes employing a flush-type cover or faceplate shall be repaired so there will be no gaps or open spaces greater than 3 mm (1⁄8 in.) at the edge of the box.

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,516 Posts
It became a concern of electricians when they put this in the NEC :001_huh:

314.21 Repairing Noncombustible Surfaces.
Noncombustible surfaces that are broken or incomplete around boxes employing a flush-type cover or faceplate shall be repaired so there will be no gaps or open spaces greater than 3 mm (1⁄8 in.) at the edge of the box.
Where does it say that an electrician has to do the work?

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
Where does it say that an electrician has to do the work?
The NEC doesn't. The NEC doesn't even require an electrician to install the wiring.

The unfortunate part is that the EC will get the red tag for the crappy drywall work.

Pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.