Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im new tp the site but not to the job. Here shortly i will have a hellva oportunity to get a sweet gig but i dont have the working knowledge for it. Its a port job here in seattle working with plc vfd motors and so on. what should i look at to get the knowledge like where can i go to read about this stuff... worked with vfds a bit but not enough to know what imntalking about. thank you.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
So im new tp the site but not to the job. Here shortly i will have a hellva oportunity to get a sweet gig but i dont have the working knowledge for it. Its a port job here in seattle working with plc vfd motors and so on. what should i look at to get the knowledge like where can i go to read about this stuff... worked with vfds a bit but not enough to know what imntalking about. thank you.
Welcome aboard nick...:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
When I lived in Seattle, there was a JC in the north end that had a great Industrial Control Technology program, which included extensive exposure to PLCs and VFDs. It was partially funded by Boeing, so it may have been axed in budget cuts if the Lazy B stopped sending checks. Worth checking into though.

PS: Looks like the program is still there at NSCC, but they tweaked the name of it to include "sustainable energy", likely to attract more solar geek wannabes.
https://prod.northseattle.edu/programs/energy-control-technology

Also, Renton Technical College used to have a similar Industrial Electrical Maintenance program. They didn't get the same level of equipment donations as the other one, but it was still pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts