Electrician Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there people, I'm a Journeyman, I've had my card for slightly over a year now. I've been doing commercial work since day one of the job. I've done big jobs, little jobs, industrial jobs, you name it, I've done it. Bent pipe from 1/2 EMT to 6" rigid. It's all good, love doing pipe. Once I finger out how to post some pix, I'll post some of mine.

Aaron

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that's a wonderful start :cursing: I forgot to tell you where I'm from!!! I did my apprenticeship in Texas, and then once I finished, I left the Oven and moved to the Freezer (Chinook, MT). And I'll tell you, I'm happier up here, if the jobs keep coming in (I'm laid off right now) I'll happily play in the snow for the rest of my life. Just got to keep working dammit.

Aaron

·
Buzzy304E
1,167 Posts
Pete,what is a jake elbow?Here,a "jake" is a screw-in type flex connector,as opposed to the clamping type.To further confuse the issue,we call it "flex",while other parts of the country refer to it as "greenfield".I understand greenfield was a prominent early manufacturer of type FMC.Steve.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You'll have to excuse Peter D he's well... "Special". Sometimes he hallucinates.

Peter D is a good guy just a little different:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hmm, maybe I was hallucinating, I assumed the conduit was penitrating the wall but now it does look like a pull 90.

I need a Ba-B-Ruth, Ruth. (Sloth from Goonies if you never saw it)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've always called them Jake Ells, never liked them, but the reason I took that photo wasn't that jake ell, but because of those three short 90's I had to get into that gutter. Pipes coming in from outside hit the back of that gutter, and I didn't want to get all complex and mount the gutter to the wall, then offset into them, what a pain, when I mounted the gutter on the structure of the EDC room (the entire electrical distribution room was delivered on a truck and had to be set in place over the pipes we had in the concrete. Was a fun time, two JLG's shifting that heavy bastard into place. Then we got to drop a couple hundred pipes into it. I thought my solution ended up being the most elegant, just had to make a couple of REALLY short 90's. But I think they turned out.

Aaron

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was going to guess a Super Walmart. Something about the pre-fabbed electric room and number of conduits made me think of a WalMart for some reason. :laughing:

Walmart...Sams Club, what's the difference?

Wallyworld is quite exacting on their specs. You should have seen the engineer go over everything we did. We even have to diaper the lifts.

LOL

Aaron

1 - 18 of 18 Posts