Electrician Talk banner

New tool "feel"

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Going_Commando 
#1 ·
I had to pick up a new pair of Klien linesman pliers today as I broke the handle off my (up until this weekend) normal pair. I wasn't even doing anything special with them...just pulling a fish tape, and I've never been overly hard on them in the past. It was a pretty tough pull....

Does anyone else feel wierd getting new tools? The feel of what you're used to using...and new tools are kinda weird. It shouldn't take too long to break these in....

BTW...I'm not bashing Klein at all with this. I like their linesman's. I've had the chance to try multiple brands. I'm not a big fan of the j-man series...handles seem too bulky. And Eecol had no problem trading them in. A couple guys couldn't believe I had done this...but they gave me a new set.

See less See more
#8 ·
LOL

who cares how or what he's mounting.............there is a picture!

I like pictures :thumbup:

#15 ·
The only real beating they've taken in the past is on the back of plastic handle screwdrivers, being in my pants thigh pocket, etc. No abuse. I wasn't prying....just pulling with the Klien's on the fish tape, felt something, re-positioned, and when I pulled again I felt the crunch of the handle breaking.

And as for the wires....we were fixing a goof up from another company. Had to pull in more wires. It's #10's. Had to pull in some extra neutrals due to all the circuits being on double pole GFI's. Engineer wouldn't let us use the full sets instead and just put GFI outlets in as we wouldn't get the designed load abilities. The radios were due to the inside box being way too far to yell.

The lube is on this end cause when we used an existing wire to pull the fish tape into the pipe, we lubed the pipe as the fist tape went in hoping to make the pull a little easier.

The original company didn't put any anchors in, we had some guys drilling and putting in new anchors...they were for car plugs so I think they only had to drill 3/8" holes (4 holes per pedestal, 12 pedestals).

#17 ·
I like pictures

post another picture please :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.