Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 5496 Posts

·
bending unit
222 Posts
i bought 2 of the exact same pliers today. i have been wanting to try the cobras for a while. for 60 bucks, i hope i like them.

i have been upgrading my work tools recently (a ******** thing to do while laid off, i know).

i think that i have been reading garage journal all too much.

my next new tool will be a starrett 18C. i am using a general tools one now, and i want a better one.

·
Registered
458 Posts
guy in texas did better than both of us today.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97108

wish they had that deal at my lowes.
Several weeks ago I was at Lowes and they had the 7" and 10" Cobras together in a package for 20.99. Considering that the 10" Cobra by itself was marked at 29.99, I was going to buy all 4-5 sets they had at the lower price. As I began grabbing the packages and mentioned this to my wife I saw her face take on a peculiar expression that impressed upon me to stop at one set.;)

I had to correct the cashier, but I got it at the lower price. A week or so later when I was there again, they were remarked to 29.99. Its still a good deal though, basically free 7" cobra pliers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got the same Cobra pliers. Lovely things.
My newest toy would be my cordless hammer drill:

Just placed an order today for this same drill. Had a promotion going on this month, trade in your professional cordless and get $100 towards new drill. So we dug out a OLD Makita set we haven't used in many years. Don't think one or two things in the set don't work. So I think think thats pretty good. M18 Hammer Drill, 2 Batteries, Charger, and the Small HackZall for about $210.

Our current Milwaukee 14.4 volt is going on 5 years now with regular moderate use. Just recently, finally, opened it up and blew the drywall dust out of it and feels/sounds like a new drill again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My newest toy

Been needing a multidriver for awhile and i was trying to avoid buying a klien 11 in 1. So when i saw this for 28$ decided it was time to pull the trigger.

As you can see i've already worn off the label playing with it :thumbup: Since all the bits and the adaptor are supposed to be impact rated the extra bits will come in handy for my impact which lives in my pouch too.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Been needing a multidriver for awhile and i was trying to avoid buying a klien 11 in 1. So when i saw this for 28$ decided it was time to pull the trigger.

As you can see i've already worn off the label playing with it :thumbup: Since all the bits and the adaptor are supposed to be impact rated the extra bits will come in handy for my impact which lives in my pouch too.
I've got one of those and to be real honest I like the 11n1 better. If I'm using a multi-driver it's because I'm on a walk through or I'm back in a PITA hole and I like the extra functionality of the 11n1. I don't like the handle on the Klein but it's not like I use my 11n1 all day every day anyway.

Reactions: Jhellwig

·
Registered
584 Posts
Got my Milwaukee 11-in-1 yesterday. Used it today and loved in. Mounted two receptacles with just one tool and just one bit. No flipping between two drivers, pliers, and strippers. A real time saver. Feels great in the hand too.

1 - 20 of 5496 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.