Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
My newest toy

Been needing a multidriver for awhile and i was trying to avoid buying a klien 11 in 1. So when i saw this for 28$ decided it was time to pull the trigger.

As you can see i've already worn off the label playing with it :thumbup: Since all the bits and the adaptor are supposed to be impact rated the extra bits will come in handy for my impact which lives in my pouch too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got one of those and to be real honest I like the 11n1 better. If I'm using a multi-driver it's because I'm on a walk through or I'm back in a PITA hole and I like the extra functionality of the 11n1. I don't like the handle on the Klein but it's not like I use my 11n1 all day every day anyway.
I had a 10 in 1, but it decided to go on a trip down a void space:mad:. I liked it but I found i didn't use some of the bits. It was faster to change between whatever 2 bits you have in place then the Wera, flip shaft around use other side. What i didn't like was hunting for a specific bit, sometimes you find it right away other times it felt like i had to look at every bit, Wera is better for bit storage.

Overall 10 in 1 is a decent tool, I thought i might as well try something different and see if i could do better. The selling point of the Wera for me was having some short impact bits in a container that i'm less likely to loose or break. I just hope this driver doesn't go on a trip down a void space :)

How are the handles on the Wiha screwdrivers?
I like the handle on the Wera. It's a little strange at first compared to a standard style screwdriver, but after using it they obviously spent some time engineering it. I really notice the difference when i'm 2 and 3 finger tightening

·
Registered
90 Posts
You just sold me on it :thumbup:
Before i bought Wera kompakt i was looking for awhile online and the best regular price i could find was at chadstoolbox.com I think they sell them for about $38-40 without a pouch depending on the version. Main difference between versions is what bits they come with. My one is the '26' Comes with 2 slotted, phillips 1 & 2, square 1 & 2

I'm in school at the moment so i haven't even got to field test it yet. :cry:

·
Registered
90 Posts
new drivers plus..

some new tools i got not too long ago,

i know in another thread people were asking if Wera made robertson drivers (square) with an 8 inch shaft, here is examples of a #1 and a number #2.

My new robby #3 insulated, this thing is a beast (weight) compared to other Wera drivers. Will be handy for all the cutler panels we've been working on.

A pair of insulated Plus/Minus drivers, impulse purchase, the price was right we'll see how useful they become.

Insulated needle-nose pliers, bunch of bits, new flatblade, bonus insulated flatblade (thanks chad's :thumbsup:).

Most interesting thing (i think) is the Wera impaktor and a bit. This was also was something i didn't really need, but am very interested to see if it lives up to the hype. Very little practical information on the net about the impaktor so i am going to (actually have already started :)) put it through it paces for the next couple months and i'll get back to you guys with a real review. If i'm feeling really ambitious i might make a blog for it, we'll see how it goes

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the info... i searched the Wera website and couldn't find a square #8 with a 8" shaft....ill really be interested in seeing how it holds up for you. I tried the Ideal #8 and it rounded in no time...my Wiha square is definitely wore to sh!t. And surprisingly, my Klein #8 with the new improved tip has held up perfectly for 9 months steady use....But im curious about the Wera....keep us updated!
My Klien number #1 was worn out after about 8 months i was mainly using it for receptacles and since i use a drill for the majority of my finishing work i thought it should last longer then that. My number #2 Klien is in an attic somewhere under about 4' of insulation :laughing:

if you want a 8" wera just look for a 200mm shaft. The drivers have been nice so far.

What the hell is a #8??
Canadian Thing :) #8 is referring to the screw size so a number #2 robertson (most common driver here) generally fits a number #8 screw. Lots of Canadian sparky's call their drivers by the screw size. So a number #1 robby is a number #6 screw. i think its a little strange myself, but everyone here knows what your talking about when you say pass me your "6" or "8" so gets the job done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.