Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Maintenance Guy
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
fantastic and a little sad. the guys who buy tools just to collect them...
Is this in reference to me? I'm not buying to collect. I'm upgrading from my current set up that I have had since I first started working in the field. Do I need a pair of 7" pump pliers? Eh, not really. But it would've been nice to pay less and get both a 7 and 10 rather than paying more for just a 10.

·
Maintenance Guy
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
it is in reference to people on the "tools of the old world" thread. i have read every page of it. some amazing tools.

a few extravagances every now and again is healthy. every man deserves a new toy once in a while.
Do you have a link? I've been trying to find that thread :laughing:

·
Maintenance Guy
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #728 ·
I understand what you are saying but it is easier to pay the bills and not have to shift money around between accounts. Besides the wife and I have been married 20 years for a reason, we learn to make compromises and not be selfish. Besides I usually get what I want. All you have to do is look at my dive gear, guns, fishing poles, tools, and home theater.

Just a side note I have learned how to get the last word with my wife, it's "Yes Dear" :laughing:
Good man:thumbsup:

·
Maintenance Guy
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #802 ·
I was pretty impressed with their stuff. I haven't tried their toolbelts, but I've been using this tote for the last month and really like it. Out of the box I worked it over with some saddle soap. A couple days later I did it again. I haven't done anything since and its starting to settle in better now. They seem to use decent quality leather. I would have preferred a natural color instead of the dyed leather, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm still tinkering around with the setup, but it I sure like working out of it.

I didn't know Bahco made a combo square, but some of their stuff is hard to get here. Looks good mate. :thumbsup:

How much did that set you back?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.