Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
Chisel knife.

Just bought this today, mainly to have a play around with it since I was curious and I am impressed, just decimated a piece of 2x4 and sliced my finger open. Its like having a small very precise axe.

What I'm looking for is a rough tool I dont mind digging dirt out of conduit, opening steel strapped cartons, using as a putty knife, cutting up cardboard, chiseling drywall, basically nothing I want to use any of my tools for, haha.
How much you pay for that?

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
Wireless said:
Are you still happy with them? I have a bunch of LXT tools four of the batteries went ad too quickly for me. I sent 2 of them that I thought were still under warranty back to Makita only to find out that they only warranty the tool for 3 y not the battery! Those work out to expensive batteries!
Yeah, all the guys love the stuff. They like the compact white drills too.

We're yet to have a battery issue, no one has had issues with their personal batteries either.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
Inova T4 rechargeable light

I ordered a bunch of lithium primary batteries today for my Surefires and between a higher shipping cost and the fact I had to pay sales tax this time I paid like an extra 15 bucks.

So I went out and got this at Frys electronics.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
I'm giving this whole Knipex thing a try, the pliers wrench is awesome, I should have bought one years ago.

And I'm trying Gripon locking pliers, I really like the release lever design better then vice grip's.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
New nut drivers and tool pouch.
I've always used the hard leather pouch but figured I would try this style.
I line the gloves and wrecking bar that Dead-On makes.
I bought one of those the other day, I saw the combo of a tool pouch with 2 parts pockets and figured I might like it. Only wish it had a carry handle like CLC pouches but I can add something on probably.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts

My main drivers, for common DIN TB's and a lot of PCB terminals. All have done hundreds if not thousands of terms.

I forgot Felo is good too, I have some of their little drivers around. The xcelite may be rebranded Felo too.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.