Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 5496 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got one of those and to be real honest I like the 11n1 better. If I'm using a multi-driver it's because I'm on a walk through or I'm back in a PITA hole and I like the extra functionality of the 11n1. I don't like the handle on the Klein but it's not like I use my 11n1 all day every day anyway.
I had a 10 in 1, but it decided to go on a trip down a void space:mad:. I liked it but I found i didn't use some of the bits. It was faster to change between whatever 2 bits you have in place then the Wera, flip shaft around use other side. What i didn't like was hunting for a specific bit, sometimes you find it right away other times it felt like i had to look at every bit, Wera is better for bit storage.

Overall 10 in 1 is a decent tool, I thought i might as well try something different and see if i could do better. The selling point of the Wera for me was having some short impact bits in a container that i'm less likely to loose or break. I just hope this driver doesn't go on a trip down a void space :)

How are the handles on the Wiha screwdrivers?
I like the handle on the Wera. It's a little strange at first compared to a standard style screwdriver, but after using it they obviously spent some time engineering it. I really notice the difference when i'm 2 and 3 finger tightening

·
Coaster Sparky
1,952 Posts
I like the handle on the Wera. It's a little strange at first compared to a standard style screwdriver, but after using it they obviously spent some time engineering it. I really notice the difference when i'm 2 and 3 finger tightening
He asked about the Wiha grips, not the Wera. Two different companies, two different grips. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Jhellwig

·
bending unit
222 Posts
fantastic and a little sad. the guys who buy tools just to collect them... that is sad to me. my father in law has OCD, and he buys things he does not need. i think some of the guys on garage journal are like him.

upgrading my work hand tools, organization, and pouches is one thing. the tools don't make the craftsman. the proper tools, in the hands of a craftsman, increase productivity and make a craftsman the master of his trade, though.

i am at a point where there is almost nothing left on my tool list left to upgrade. my local has a hardhat on the tool list and mine is "expired" and beat to crap, so i need a new one. i also want a starrett 18C to replace my general tool center punch. that is about it.

i want to weld up a small open top box for my tool tray for pencils, pens, sharpies and my highlighter, and then spray paint it black.

·
bending unit
222 Posts
because of this site and garage journal, i have upgraded these tools over the last 6 months:
my commercial pouch to a occidental leather rig with hip pads
my industrial pouch to a new pocket pouch and tape measure holder
the wiha 6pc insulated screwdriver set at sears
fluke 1AC-A II tick tracer
keson RWM1 chalk box
10" knipex cobra x 2
vaughan E18F hammer
2000 series sidecuts and diagonals
dasco pro cold chisel
maxis marksman layout tool

·
Maintenance Guy
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
fantastic and a little sad. the guys who buy tools just to collect them...
Is this in reference to me? I'm not buying to collect. I'm upgrading from my current set up that I have had since I first started working in the field. Do I need a pair of 7" pump pliers? Eh, not really. But it would've been nice to pay less and get both a 7 and 10 rather than paying more for just a 10.

·
bending unit
222 Posts
it is in reference to people on the "tools of the old world" thread. i have read every page of it. some amazing tools.

a few extravagances every now and again is healthy. every man deserves a new toy once in a while.

i could never fault a guy for upgrading their tools. we all love our tools.

there are some guys on GJ that have tool collections in the tens of thousands, half of which will never be used.

·
Maintenance Guy
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
it is in reference to people on the "tools of the old world" thread. i have read every page of it. some amazing tools.

a few extravagances every now and again is healthy. every man deserves a new toy once in a while.
Do you have a link? I've been trying to find that thread :laughing:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Been needing a multidriver for awhile and i was trying to avoid buying a klien 11 in 1. So when i saw this for 28$ decided it was time to pull the trigger.

As you can see i've already worn off the label playing with it :thumbup: Since all the bits and the adaptor are supposed to be impact rated the extra bits will come in handy for my impact which lives in my pouch too.

:thumbsup:

Who makes this, it would be perfect for the small tool bag I carry.

21 - 40 of 5496 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.