Electrician Talk banner
41 - 60 of 5496 Posts

·
Coaster Sparky
1,952 Posts
:thumbsup:

Who makes this, it would be perfect for the small tool bag I carry.
It is a good driver, it's called the Kraftform Kompact and like he said it's made by Wera. It's not cheap though, I paid $40 plus shipping for mine, he said he found his for $28, that's a smoking hot deal.

Reactions: Jhellwig

·
Coaster Sparky
1,952 Posts
I just did some searching and couldn't find it for less than $40.00 either, he definitely got a deal.
I'll put it to you like this, if I were to lose mine or ruin it in any way I would not think twice before paying another $40 for it.

And yes, I do realize it's ONLY a screwdriver. But it is the Holy Grail of Screwdrivers. Monty Python can't touch this.

Reactions: Jhellwig

·
Registered
90 Posts
You just sold me on it :thumbup:
Before i bought Wera kompakt i was looking for awhile online and the best regular price i could find was at chadstoolbox.com I think they sell them for about $38-40 without a pouch depending on the version. Main difference between versions is what bits they come with. My one is the '26' Comes with 2 slotted, phillips 1 & 2, square 1 & 2

I'm in school at the moment so i haven't even got to field test it yet. :cry:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I'll put it to you like this, if I were to lose mine or ruin it in any way I would not think twice before paying another $40 for it.

And yes, I do realize it's ONLY a screwdriver. But it is the Holy Grail of Screwdrivers. Monty Python can't touch this.
I concur.

For commercial, industrial, I find it invaluable.

I bought separately assorted bits that include Philips 3, Square 3, various Torx sizes and Hex sizes.

If it looks like I'm going to be using something that isn't in the Wera, I swap it out. I almost never use the flatheads (and I carry a separate flathead usually) so I've taken them out completely.

Having the appropriate sized bit is important since I use the shaft in my impact, be way too easy to cam out screws and bolts otherwise.

·
bending unit
222 Posts
You'll find it easier to buy more tools if you quit using the word "upgrade" and just change it to "I want that". :thumbsup:
true. i just wanted to upgrade my work tools first. some of them were 17 years old (i started in 1994), and they have made better and more ergonomic replacements.

maybe the knipex wrench pliers wrench next. $50 is too dear, though, for a crescent wrench. if i see the 10" dipped handled ones under $40, i'm buying them.

·
stop pickin on Peter D...
775 Posts
i bought 2 of the exact same pliers today. i have been wanting to try the cobras for a while. for 60 bucks, i hope i like them.

i have been upgrading my work tools recently (a ******** thing to do while laid off, i know).

i think that i have been reading garage journal all too much.

my next new tool will be a starrett 18C. i am using a general tools one now, and i want a better one.
I have a Starrett 18C auto center punch. It's a fine piece.
My Knipex are Alligator. They just won't wear out so I can buy Cobras!

·
stop pickin on Peter D...
775 Posts
because of this site and garage journal, i have upgraded these tools over the last 6 months:
my commercial pouch to a occidental leather rig with hip pads
my industrial pouch to a new pocket pouch and tape measure holder
the wiha 6pc insulated screwdriver set at sears
fluke 1AC-A II tick tracer
keson RWM1 chalk box
10" knipex cobra x 2
vaughan E18F hammer
2000 series sidecuts and diagonals
dasco pro cold chisel
maxis marksman layout tool
Awesome!!

41 - 60 of 5496 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.