Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas hope u guys had a great weekend... We doing some renovation in some "high class apts" they running new independent lines and some of the guys aren't sure about the distance and location of the wired combination of smoke and CO... Some have some weird answer that's why I'm coming here to u guys... What's the distance, In walls and ceilings... Some says is 6 feet from the wall In ceilings some say 1 feet from ceiling when is in wall... SOME ACTUALLY SAID they different from state and borough...

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Hey fellas hope u guys had a great weekend... We doing some renovation in some "high class apts" they running new independent lines and some of the guys aren't sure about the distance and location of the wired combination of smoke and CO... Some have some weird answer that's why I'm coming here to u guys... What's the distance, In walls and ceilings... Some says is 6 feet from the wall In ceilings some say 1 feet from ceiling when is in wall... SOME ACTUALLY SAID they different from state and borough...
No more than 10' from sleeping quarters for co dets.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
There is NOTHING in the NEC about this, you need to check the building codes. In NYC you may vary from place to place.
We'd use the NYS Resi COde, but in a multi-family dwelling this would not apply.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Enanosky44 said:
You need to follow manufactures specs in their installation Manuel as well as to conforming to NYC BUILDING. CODES which ever is greater of the two. CITY codes superceed manufactures specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.