Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All….

New to the list and hopping to learn a trick or two and maybe share some of my trade secrets from the years along with what is happening around the USA.

I have been a long time CNC machine tool / field service technician for almost 20 years and studying to get my masters license in Texas .
Back in 89 I was schooled on electronics at NIT in OH and worked with the old school rigid pipe at my first job.
Recently I was the GC for building our corporate 14K sq/ft tilt wall built in 2005 with a wide range of high end electrical components that made the city inspector take note.
Now I am building my own custom house and it is the time for me to up the ante on the latest NEC / home automation and wire for the future.

I am like several on this list on whom spend way too much time in the Home Depot electrical isle and bore the wife about the 1900 / 2100 boxes and the THHN wire.

Big fan of SQ D and the local electrical supplier knows me by name.

Hoping for years of good chat………

Alan
c/o Industeq, Inc.
Houston, TX

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome to the forum-- you talk of 1900 boxes-- that is definitely a northern term. I have yet to meet a southerner that knows that term other than being told what it is.:)

BTW- got a brother in The Woodlands.

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts