Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Estwing magic
26,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will have to replace the old beater F150 sometime this year. Partners can't agree on Big Three so it has to be Japanese. Will be looking at something a few years old with low k. Titan seems to be the better buy over a Tundra.

Anybody own a Titan? Any issues?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The newer 2008 and up are fine the older ones had some issues like brakes, weak rear end, small electrical, ac ven actuators, etc.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Man I would buy one of those new Ram 1500 diesels!

But of those two choices, I like the Titan better... but I think the Tundra scores a little better on reviews.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I had an 09 one and loved it until it was sideswiped by a jackhole. I loved it except for the fact that it was the lowest model and had power everything even the rear window, but not the fing mirrors. Petty I know but to me PITA and FYI it is not wired for it as an option in my old one trust me I checked. :censored:
Did not use it for work every day as I have a van but man when I loaded it down it still drove like a Cadillac, nice and smooth.

·
Kind of a big deal here
923 Posts
Had an 09 Titan crew cab, dark grey, every option but leather, badass mo-fo truck. PIG on gas, pretty sure my loaded Chevy3500 van gets better MPG. Had a few issues with some ticky tacky bullhits. Just bought a 2013 Tundra last year, I like it 10x better than the Titan. I've loaded it roof high with white oak logs, no problem. Was using it for everyday work until I was given a company truck. Now it's my going out truck :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts