Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,
I still don't get it or where to look to figure it out.

I can't find where to go at DCA, and I go to the free area at NFPA and look at 70 and 70A ?

Somewhere along the line, I think there are sections of 2005 (rehab??)and the rest is 2008.. yet here and Mike H. sight say 2011. Where can I get the definite codes to observe. ??

Where does 2014 play into it? Is it just another couple $$ for the print house and all involved with the ceu's?

Thank you for any info on the subject.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK. Thank you.

I'll read into it, already post 2 has me scratching my head.
Was told be 3 inspectors that do the ceu's and a local town inspector that adding on to an existing circ does not require afci. new circs new foot print or not will require afci.

I've been installing gfci's for basement and garage (and garage door receptacles)for equipment in place etc.., come to find out they are not necessary as it's written in 2005.

I don't mind installing the afci or gfci protection and following the 2011 or 2014 codes at all.... I just don't want to look like a boob when and if someone comes back (like a customer) and say's well why did you.. you didn't have too...??

Thanks for the lead ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I'll read into it, already post 2 has me scratching my head.

I went back and read the entire thread.

Post #2 was incorrect, read the whole thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Post #2 was incorrect, read the whole thread.
me too thank you.. :thumbsup:

I'm over at Vintage Electrical.. Some cool stuff.

Reminding me about an old brand new SQD wiggy I found in a crawl attic about 25 years ago. It was original, and I guess someone lost it up there.. pristine..

?? 40 , 50 or more years old...

Crawled out through the ceiling hole to get out... Put it in my back pocket..
walked out of the room... the leads of the tester caught on the door handle and ripped and broke apart....

I Suck..

Thanks again.

·
Inspector
360 Posts
Hello,
I still don't get it or where to look to figure it out.

I can't find where to go at DCA, and I go to the free area at NFPA and look at 70 and 70A ?

Somewhere along the line, I think there are sections of 2005 (rehab??)and the rest is 2008.. yet here and Mike H. sight say 2011. Where can I get the definite codes to observe. ??

Where does 2014 play into it? Is it just another couple $$ for the print house and all involved with the ceu's?

Thank you for any info on the subject.
Here is the UCC;

http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/codes/codreg/ucc.html

And the ReHab Subcode;

http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/codes/codreg/pdf_regs/njac_5_23_6.pdf

ReHab Subcode matrix;

http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/codes/publications/pdf_bulletins/b_98-1.pdf

Currently we use the 2011 NEC for all new work except for some GFI requirements fall under the 2005 NEC. Rehab work falls under the 2008 NEC.

We haven't adopted the 2014 NEC yet. Rumor is sometime next year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you... :thumbsup:

As mentioned I still don't get it...

I'll go through it..

If they can't decide to use "1" book. It would be nice if they could come up with "1" page that says use this here that there and this everywhere else.

:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts