Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NJ Electrical Contractor
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many fellow NJ electrical contractors are going for their HVACR License, what will be the benefits of even getting it, As i have read, currently licensed contractors "might" be exempt from licensing requirements.
1.Should i even entertain paying higher insurance premiums.
2.Extra licensing renewal fees

And all the extra burden that comes with it.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
How many fellow NJ electrical contractors are going for their HVACR License, what will be the benefits of even getting it, As i have read, currently licensed contractors "might" be exempt from licensing requirements.
1.Should i even entertain paying higher insurance premiums.
2.Extra licensing renewal fees

And all the extra burden that comes with it.
Licensing and taxes are cheap. You will be making money if you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Got my letter from the NJ state Attorney General's Office today. Was thin as could be, so I figured no way, a rejection letter or we want more information.

NOPE!
Congrats you been grandfathered! Give us money!

Funny thing is I applied on August 27, and on Monday or Tuesday I wrote to them asking what is up? Wednesday they write my congrats letter, got it this morning.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Got my letter from the NJ state Attorney General's Office today. Was thin as could be, so I figured no way, a rejection letter or we want more information.

NOPE!
Congrats you been grandfathered! Give us money!

Funny thing is I applied on August 27, and on Monday or Tuesday I wrote to them asking what is up? Wednesday they write my congrats letter, got it this morning.
I got mine also last week

·
Banned
4 Posts
The main reason a New Jersey electrician would want to get the HVAC license is to do gas piping. Up until now no license was required to do gas piping so an EC could run their own pipe to a generator and make money instead of giving it away to a plumber. Now that the HVAC license is in effect, you need either a plumbing or HVAC license to do gas piping.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The main reason a New Jersey electrician would want to get the HVAC license is to do gas piping. Up until now no license was required to do gas piping so an EC could run their own pipe to a generator and make money instead of giving it away to a plumber. Now that the HVAC license is in effect, you need either a plumbing or HVAC license to do gas piping.
Or you can install furnaces and boilers if you want

·
Registered
455 Posts
So, I get my bond PHYSICALLY mailed to me to then Sign and REMAIL. I go to my post office on Tuesday with my check, proof of insurance, ein, business entity stuff, etc.... I write on the envelope the address it says to send it to. I select priority to go the 81.9 miles NORTH EAST with tracking.

Of course I send it on Tuesday, no tracking works till Sunday morning. Where is my NEW JERSEY Master HVAC-R stuff? Well if you said not in New Jersey, you must be psychic!

Can you say 63042 Hazelwood, MO, a suburb of St Louis, and ironically exactly 900 miles west of me according to Google maps.:censored:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.